Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Conners....Roseanne spinoff

I read that it has not been renewed or cancelled. So it is TBD.

Honored Contributor

TV Land is back to airing the original show , it airs for several hours at a time on Sat. mornings/afternoon.

Honored Contributor

@Moonlady  I have all of the seasons on dvd, only paid $28 or so for all.  I completely forgot to watch The Conners as it is on when The Voice is, so it never entered my mind, lol, that says something.

I didn't know about the "daliance" possibility, that would have never gone over well, though further down the line in one of the later episodes, Dan did have a fling and left, or was that supposed to also be part of the "dream," lol.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl Yes, you can get seasons 1-9 for a steal! We only have 1-6 because, at that point, the full season wasn't available--and I stopped at season 6. I actually stopped watching the original series at about season 5, and had been catching the later ones on TV before they were pulled.

The earlier episodes are great. As is usually the case with family sitcoms, they run out of ideas as the kids grow up. The kids move out, other kids move in (the "Cousin Oliver" trope lol), and you get a lot of fantasy sequences. Sometimes series just need to *end* lol.

Since you have the DVDs, don't forget to check out the Bonus Features, usually on the last disc of the season--some of the interviews are good.

Oh, and I watched the "First Cousin, Twice Removed" (season 5) episode with Joan Collins as Cousin Ronnie just last night. Hilarious!

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:
@mousiegirlYes, you can get seasons 1-9 for a steal! We only have 1-6 because, at that point, the full season wasn't available--and I stopped at season 6. I actually stopped watching the original series at about season 5, and had been catching the later ones on TV before they were pulled.

The earlier episodes are great. As is usually the case with family sitcoms, they run out of ideas as the kids grow up. The kids move out, other kids move in (the "Cousin Oliver" trope lol), and you get a lot of fantasy sequences. Sometimes series just need to *end* lol.

Since you have the DVDs, don't forget to check out the Bonus Features, usually on the last disc of the season--some of the interviews are good.

Oh, and I watched the "First Cousin, Twice Removed" (season 5) episode with Joan Collins as Cousin Ronnie just last night. Hilarious!

@Moonlady  Yes, quite a few of the later episodes I didn't care for as much.  One year, as DH and I were working around the house, I had a dvd on.  He doesn't watch anything but news and games, but he was laughing at the Roseanne episodes, lol.

Respected Contributor

The cameo appearances in the original Roseanne were funny. Someone mentioned Bob Hope. His appearance in that lineup was my favorite lol. A couple others:

Pat Harrington, Jr. (as "Schneider")
Ed McMahon
Jerry Garcia, whose appearance in Roseanne's dream while in labor, inspired the name for her baby.

Honored Contributor

One that always cracked me up was the one where Doogie Howser MD showed up.

Roseanne had just had that breast reduction surgery.  She 'woke up' (it was a dream) and they were GINORMOUS.   She's freaking out and Doogie Howser comes in and says (something like) 'what, not big enough?'.  Needless to say, I am a huge Doogie Howser, and NPH, fan.  Smiley Very Happy

Also the one with Fabio in bed with Roseanne was pretty funny.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt, I loved that episode, too.

There were funny scenes even in the later episodes. I loved Leon's wedding, with June Lockhat as his mom and Norm Crosby as the minister. And the "pop tart" scene between Leon, with his pre-wedding jitters, and Roseanne was funny.