Honored Contributor

Re: The Conners....Roseanne spinoff

I think it could very well be a much funnier show without Roseanne Bar.  I admit, I liked the new version of Roseanne but her character was heavy handed and honestly not very funny.  It was all cheap, predictable wisecracks.

Honored Contributor

On my local news they said Roseanne Barr signed away any rights to the show so the show could move forward and employ those that would have lost their jobs. Roseanne on the show was going to have knee surgery, they could kill her off and open the show 6 months later. Maybe they'll have her dump Dan and run off with some hunk!

Trusted Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Sorry for them. But that ship has sailed...

and this is a new ship that might be even better.  Some of us did not like Roseanne, but enjoyed the other characters.

Honored Contributor

I don't know how this new show will be but I am willing to give it a try. I really enjoyed the reboot and was very disappointed with the actions of Roseanne. I am hoping that the characters are strong enough to carry the show. Actually the character of Becky is quite funny. So I will watch.
Esteemed Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

If they write it so she dies during knee surgery, that could mean that the family could win a malpractice lawsuit.  It's safer to kill her off from a drug overdose or heart attack.  

Perhaps she will leave the family after being appointed to a high position in Washington DC.  LOL.

Honored Contributor

I wasn't watching it with her and I won't be watching it without her... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I don't see the show making it without Roseanne.

Honored Contributor

I only watched 2 of them and found them boring.  I find anything to do with the other characters even more boring.

I'm tired of having politically correct shoved down my throat everywhere.  That's why I watch mostly old CSI, SVU, etc. 

Honored Contributor

I watched the first 15 minutes of the new Rosanne show and fell alseep. I just do not like her deadpan humor...so obvious one liner after another for a laugh. Do not care for the storyline. 

I would NEVER watch this new Conners show.  Same thing, same writers, same dead pan humor with a transgender son  thrown in as a wrench in the spoke of the wheel. 

Not funny at all.  Like Laugh In  was yeas ago. A Predictable snorefestZzzzzzzZZZZZ😴

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative