Esteemed Contributor

Re: Should CBS Postpone the Interview with Harry and Meghan?

@Pearlee wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Cash isn't  the only method of payment. Oprah promoted the product in which Meghan invested. This interview is in exchange.

@occasionalrain  I agree. And the payment is also 2 hrs of prime time to promote their brand. Let's see how many times they mention Archewell and their Spotify podcast and Netflix. I wondered if Harry would have spoken so favorably to Corden about The Crown if Netflix hadn't paid  Harry  over $100 million!

@Pearlee 

Of course they will promote their brand. No reason not to and I'm sure there are millions of people who are interested. 

My only suggestion is that you watch & listen a little more carefully this time than you did with the James Corden interview you referrenced. I had to laugh when you disparaged Harry for not mentioning work when James asked "how he spent his day"  (remember the rolling eye emoji, lol?).

Only thing is...Harry was never asked how he spent his day! Smiley Very Happy

@SusieQ_2  😄😄😄😄😄😄😄 You are funny.

Says the woman who makes up questions asked in an interview just so she can speak badly of someone.

Again, Pearley, use those listening ears this time so you won't, once again, give the appearance of speaking nonsense. 

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Things do not look good at all for Prince Philip, he's had cardiac surgery before, for a stent.

But I have NO faith that CBS or Oprah will let this 'cash cow' interview be postponed.

It's already been recorded and extended from 90 minutes to 2 hours, after they were stripped of their patronages, supposedly to include that.

I doubt that H&M have any control of that now, they already sold out, JMO.

Just to be clear - in case you don't know- news organizations never PAY for interviews. Period. Journalism 101. Even if Oprah wanted to - which she never would- CBS would never allow it. 

@ellaphant 

Just so YOU know, I wasn't referring to a "paid interview". I was referring to the advertising revenue that this interview may generate.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

First of all, yes I will be watching. 

Secondly, if Prince Phillip was to die at the wonderful advanced age of 99, then of course they should cancel the interview.

The hatred that some of you have for that woman, which has spilled over to Harry, is interesting. 

You don't like her we get it. I have my own thought process which I will keep to myself on why some of you despise her so much. 

My opinion. 

@icezeus I don't get your post. This is a discussion board,so why keep your opinion to yourself. If we all did that why would we come here to discuss? 

Second we don't have "hatred for that woman" some of us just don't like her. We see her for what she is an opportunist. 

@manny2  Well said, but we both know why she didn't dare state her opinion. 

Really, she's an opportunist? That;s your opinion. The snark and nastiness on these boards about this couple is unbelievable.

...and tiresome

@Bri369  But not so tiresome that you don't just skip over the Harry and Meghan threads. 🙄

@ellaphant  It was Manny who called Meghan an opportunist. I just agreed with her. Read carefully. 

I get a real kick out of some of the responses. I don't understand the response "tiresome"? Why are you on a discussion board if it so tiresome to read other posters opinions. It can't be that tiresome since you responded.

@manny2 Right!  And as I posted above, she keeps reading the H&M threads even though she knows what they are from the title. So they can't be all that tiresome! Obviously. 😄

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Cash isn't  the only method of payment. Oprah promoted the product in which Meghan invested. This interview is in exchange.

@occasionalrain  I agree. And the payment is also 2 hrs of prime time to promote their brand. Let's see how many times they mention Archewell and their Spotify podcast and Netflix. I wondered if Harry would have spoken so favorably to Corden about The Crown if Netflix hadn't paid  Harry  over $100 million!

@Pearlee 

Of course they will promote their brand. No reason not to and I'm sure there are millions of people who are interested. 

My only suggestion is that you watch & listen a little more carefully this time than you did with the James Corden interview you referrenced. I had to laugh when you disparaged Harry for not mentioning work when James asked "how he spent his day"  (remember the rolling eye emoji, lol?).

Only thing is...Harry was never asked how he spent his day! Smiley Very Happy

@SusieQ_2  😄😄😄😄😄😄😄 You are funny.

Says the woman who makes up questions asked in an interview just so she can speak badly of someone.

Again, Pearley, use those listening ears this time so you won't, once again, give the appearance of speaking nonsense. 

@SusieQ_2  "listening ears"?  😄 You are cracking me up today! 

Honored Contributor

Honestly, I don't think the family is concerned about that interview or what Markle will come up with next. I suspect they've pretty much moved on from that duo and given Phillip's declining health and age, have far bigger fish to fry than anything she or Harry might come out with. I say on with the show, get it over with and if it paints them in an even more unflattering light, given current circumstances, well, so be it. They really have made their own bed, over and over again.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you so much @Pearley though I have a feeling it's something you're used to hearing on the regular.

I'm just glad I was here to help you turn that frown upside down. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I personally think this interview is a very sad event.  For what purpose?  Much has already been said.  Is it necessary to say any more?  There has already been much hurt and disappointment.  

My question is very trivial.  If H and M want to officially leave the royal family and all duties, are they financially on their own as well?  I don’t think so.  Oh, they are “owed” this financial support?  It’s either one way or another.

It would be the right thing for Harry would get on a plane and visit his grandfather.  It would mean so much.  I am. Or a fan of either H or M, strictly for their behavior.  Period.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

Secondly, if Prince Phillip was to die at the wonderful advanced age of 99, then of course they should cancel the interview.

The hatred that some of you have for that woman, which has spilled over to Harry, is interesting. 

You don't like her we get it. I have my own thought process which I will keep to myself on why some of you despise her so much. 

My opinion. 

@icezeus I don't get your post. This is a discussion board,so why keep your opinion to yourself. If we all did that why would we come here to discuss? 

Second we don't have "hatred for that woman" some of us just don't like her. We see her for what she is an opportunist. 

Really, she's an opportunist? That;s your opinion. The snark and nastiness on these boards about this couple is unbelievable.

...and tiresome

@Bri369  But not so tiresome that you don't just skip over the Harry and Meghan threads. 🙄

@ellaphant  It was Manny who called Meghan an opportunist. I just agreed with her. Read carefully. 

I get a real kick out of some of the responses. I don't understand the response "tiresome"? Why are you on a discussion board if it so tiresome to read other posters opinions. It can't be that tiresome since you responded.

@manny2 Right!  And as I posted above, she keeps reading the H&M threads even though she knows what they are from the title. So they can't be all that tiresome! Obviously. 😄

@Pearlee   You have completely misunderstood, which is not surprising. 

The threads are not in the least tiresome.  It would be nice to actually have a conversation of the topic without your tiresome  opinions.  

Honored Contributor

I'm kick'em 'back.......

More salt_

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

My opinion. 

@Pearlee 

Since you act as if you know me. Why did I not state my opinion?