Honored Contributor

Should CBS Postpone the Interview with Harry and Meghan?

I think they should. Prince Philip was transferred to a hospital specializing in cardiac cases yesterday. I don't think we know everything, and this hyped interview is poor timing. 

A spokesperson for the royal family said, “The family is very worried about him and their thoughts are very much with him rather than this Oprah interview. They have much more important things to worry about.”

I really hope CBS does the right thing. And I hope Harry is making plans to get to England and see his grandfather and the family he grew up with! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Should CBS Postpone the Interview with Harry and Meghan?

@beach-mom I see NO reason to postpone it. Prince Philip has nothing to do with this interview.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

"They have much more important things to worry about."

After reading your post regarding Prince Phillip's health, I would agree.  What about the interview with Oprah are they worried about?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Royal Family will probably be just as happy to get it over with.

And isn't the Queen doing her own announcement earlier in the day?  I thought I read that last week.

Honored Contributor

I don't see why they need to postpone it at this time.  If the situation changes, maybe they will.

Honored Contributor

Things do not look good at all for Prince Philip, he's had cardiac surgery before, for a stent.

But I have NO faith that CBS or Oprah will let this 'cash cow' interview be postponed.

It's already been recorded and extended from 90 minutes to 2 hours, after they were stripped of their patronages, supposedly to include that.

I doubt that H&M have any control of that now, they already sold out, JMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I can't see the point of this interview or what's to be gained by it.There's nothing new, nothing that hasn't been explained, all that's left is betrayal of inside confidential gossip. 

Honored Contributor

I think Harry’s decision should be made based on what he knows about the current family dynamic - no reason for me to think I know what the intra-family communiques have been.

Based on the most recent movements from the palace, I question how well he would be received.

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom   Absolutely NOT.  The royal family has already cancelled Harry and Meghan so why should they cancel their interview for the royals.  I don't think it will make a difference in Prince Phillip's health.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

"They have much more important things to worry about."

After reading your post, I would agree.  What about the interview are they worried about?

@deepwaterdotter 

Read the post again, the "They have much more important things to worry about." refers to Prince Philip's health, not the interview.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.