Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I hated Gone Girl. Didn’t read the book, but hated the movie. But I’m going to try this series because of Amy Adams. 

I called Comcast about a half hour ago and added HBO. 

@gidgetgh  I hated the movie too!

Regular Contributor

I did not like this at all and don’t know if I can stick it out for another episode or two. I almost turned it off during the second half of the episode!!

Honored Contributor

@KrissyE wrote:

I did not like this at all and don’t know if I can stick it out for another episode or two. I almost turned it off during the second half of the episode!!

@KrissyE  Is this an intended pun regarding the show Sharp Objects?  LOL! 

Honored Contributor

@KrissyE I totally agree with you about this show!  This is one sick show!

I read in EW Magazine (I believe it was that one) that it ended ummmm......strange???

So (I DVR everything) I stopped the show about 15 minutes before the end and did some research....that helped me understand what was happening and was going to happen (with the teeth).

This ending is going on the premise that it's going to get picked up for one for season.....(it doesn't end like we saw it).....

It doesn't say (SPOILERS) in the title so I won't comment anymore here.  I find it impossible to discuss a show if I can't post ...... well....I guess spoilers.

Anyway, now I understand the show and I've always know about the disease the Mother had.  I've watched a lot of shows where the mother had it.

I just think this particular show was very ...... (I'll call it unsettling)....let's leave it at that.  

I will also say, based on what I read if you didn't like this one, next season (if renewed) is .....worse....worse as in leaving the viewer sickened.

I'll probably watch it if it is picked up for one more season only because I want to see an end to it....

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished the series. Husband wants to start it. He doesn't hear well (whispering on show) and doesn't like flashbacks. Not sure if he'll like this.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Sharp Objects was great.  It was a slow burn series.  The ending was a surprise.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

This was one of those shows where if you blink youre lost.. Is there going to be a second season?  So many unanswered questions.

Trusted Contributor

@culebra wrote:

Sharp Objects was great.  It was a slow burn series.  The ending was a surprise.

Culebra, I just recently watched my DVR of the final episode.  I believe we are beyond spoilers here (I hope) since the series ended.  I could not identify what Amy Adams came across in the final scene.  I am assuming she found evidence that her sister "Amma" was developing the same issue as their mother. Am I correct?

Esteemed Contributor

@LogoFan wrote:

@culebra wrote:

Culebra, I just recently watched my DVR of the final episode.  I believe we are beyond spoilers here (I hope) since the series ended.  I could not identify what Amy Adams came across in the final scene.  I am assuming she found evidence that her sister "Amma" was developing the same issue as their mother. Am I correct?

-------------------

I have to say that I missed the the issue of what Camille saw the first time I saw that episode.  I thought it was only one tooth, but went back and saw it again - two times - the floor of the doll house was "tiled" in teeth!!!  

There are several other "Sharp Object" threads on this forum...good information!  And some really good

information on the Internet.  Many of my questions were answered...like what happened to Amma., where did Camille end up etc.