Honored Contributor

Anyone planning on watching this new, limited series, with Amy Adams?  It premieres on July 8th. 

We don't have HBO, but I’m calling Comcast tomorrow and adding it so I can watch the series. Then I’ll cancel HBO. I did the same thing for Big Little Lies last year. 

Anyone else plan on watching?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Yup!  Smiley Happy   I've had this one scheduled for a while.  It looks intriguing.  

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Yup!  Smiley Happy   I've had this one scheduled for a while.  It looks intriguing.  

@chickenbutt- I think so too!

Honored Contributor

Smiley Happy   The weird part is that whenever there is a show that is advertised way ahead, so I have to diary it to remember to schedule it on the Tivo (when it gets close enough that the Tivo Guide will have that day on the schedule), I forget what it's about, who is in it, and why I got interested in it, in the first place.

D'oh!    I have some stuff on my Tivo right now that I have no idea why I chose to record it.    The good part is that if it ends up being something I've already seen, it's like seeing it for the first time.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh Thanks for the info.  I set it up to DVR it.  I'll watch the first episode and see what it's about.

Honored Contributor

It’s based on a book by the Gone Girl author Gillian Flynn.  I know I read it but don’t remember much about it.  

I’ll definitely try the show in part because I like Amy Adams.  

Respected Contributor

I intend to watch it.  It will be a great two hours with Sharp Objects and Succession.

Honored Contributor

I'm planning on watching.

Respected Contributor

@tansy

UH OH, I like Amy Adams and was going to look into but I don't have enough words to describe how much I hated Gone Girl, so I'm going to pass.

Honored Contributor

I hated Gone Girl. Didn’t read the book, but hated the movie. But I’m going to try this series because of Amy Adams. 

I called Comcast about a half hour ago and added HBO.