Respected Contributor

I read the book and didn't like it. Even Amy Adams, who I really like, couldn't entice me to watch.

Gone Girl was a really good book and they did an excellent job with the movie.

Honored Contributor

I just dropped HBO, Comcast started charging me $15 extra for it per month , I get Showtime and Starz included in my pkg.

Honored Contributor

Also stars Patricia Clarkson, they are both on The Talk today.

Respected Contributor

I am going to watch.  It was a decent book. According to reviews 5 time academy award nominated Amy Adams is sensational in her role.

Honored Contributor

The previews look really good, so I will give it a try, especially since there is nothing else on TV tonight!

Esteemed Contributor

Starting Now! I hope it's good!!

Honored Contributor

I read Gone girl and loved it, but because of the unfortunate casting, I didn't see the movie.

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I read Gone girl and loved it, but because of the unfortunate casting, I didn't see the movie.

I loved Gone Girl book, but did not like the movie at all.  Book was great.

-------------------------

I watched the first episode of Sharp Objects last night, and liked it.  I, unfortunately, read a spoiler, so I know the outcome of the series/book, but I will continue to watch.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Esteemed Contributor
I DVR’d it and will catch up once I can binge a few episodes. I read the book - and even remember the ending, which is not something I can say about everything. I did read a review and there’s apparently something I have no recollection of LOL. Not a favorite book, but it will be interesting to see how they put the story to screen.

I wonder why Gillian Flynn hasn’t written another novel since Gone Girl? She did a short story (which I read was also bought by Hollywood), but nothing substantial. Anyone know what she’s been up to?
Honored Contributor

Waiting on everyone's opinion, was disappointed that it was only an hour long, very strange & confusing!!!