Honored Contributor

No telling with that screen play , but, if I had to guess from exhaustion, or like kidney or gallstones.

Sophie, will leave the footman waiting on her and stay in the house that Queen got for her with her son and eventually marry somebody else.

Hopefully, Feo has left the building. Hoping Albert drop kicked her , then, here comes Queen telling her (huh?) she doesn't have to leave ! She suggested she leave a few times, now, she's acting like she wants her to stay. Woman, has a chip on her shoulder that she needs to get over.

Let her go, please ! Pay her fare.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

No telling with that screen play , but, if I had to guess from exhaustion, or like kidney or gallstones.

Sophie, will leave the footman waiting on her and stay in the house that Queen got for her with her son and eventually marry somebody else.

Hopefully, Feo has left the building. Hoping Albert drop kicked her , then, here comes Queen telling her (huh?) she doesn't have to leave ! She suggested she leave a few times, now, she's acting like she wants her to stay. Woman, has a chip on her shoulder that she needs to get over.

@SharkE Let's ALL kick Feo's ***out of the front door!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Well, I'm enjoying it and am very glad they didn't "wrap it up in 10 episodes".

In fact, right now I'm reading a book about Queen Victoria's life.  If you get the emails from PBS, they tell you which parts are strictly accurate and which are hypothesized based on likely events.

Daisy Goodwin is a respected writer and producer.  She studied history at Trinity College, Cambridge, so I think she's probably got a fairly good grasp of her subject.

Roll on the next series!

Honored Contributor

These series are meant to entertain and enjoy and that is why I love Masterpiece Theater.  I'm sure there isn't complete historical accuracy on Victoria, after all how can we expect that.  The story line will be as interpreted by the writer and I'm sure she researched as best as she could.

In my opinion the actor and actress who play Albert and Victoria and who are in a relationship outside of the series are excellent in their roles.  Everyone contributes and makes this a superb series.  If the cast has given feelings of love and hate, sympathy and happiness, highs and lows to the viewing audience, they have done their jobs.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Queen Victoria PBS

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

Albert either had Crohn's Disease or Stomach Cancer.  His mother died of stomach cancer when she was 30. Whatever it was, it lingered.  He was sick almost a year before he died.  I think they were prepared.  

It seems ludicrous for the wife of a lord to run off with a footman.  The story kind stretched your imagination too much.  Too silly.  There are at least two more seasons to go through.  I'm sue they'll think of something better.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

Well, I'm enjoying it and am very glad they didn't "wrap it up in 10 episodes".

In fact, right now I'm reading a book about Queen Victoria's life.  If you get the emails from PBS, they tell you which parts are strictly accurate and which are hypothesized based on likely events.

Daisy Goodwin is a respected writer and producer.  She studied history at Trinity College, Cambridge, so I think she's probably got a fairly good grasp of her subject.

Roll on the next series!

I think they're paid to 'gloss up' facts is what I think and it makes me madder then a bull ! you can write for the common folk people to make them want to learn more and actually pick up a book without inventing spats , trouble makers, etc.

Before somebody tells me "how do you know this didn't happen"

from what I've read on her, her sister is never, ever mentioned, except maybe "her mother had a daughter in 18***** blah, blah" after the acknowledgement she's lost to history. Step sister.

In this show she's the whole freakin' show ! Victoria, tolerated her mother, but, once she was Queen she had her mother put on the other side of the 'house' because of her boyfriend, then, she got rid of him eventually. No way in **** she would had put up with a step sister for as long as Feo is hanging around.

If there had been bad blood between them I'm sure history would had recorded it like what's happening between Meghan and that horrible step sister of hers Samantha think her name is.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Albert either had Crohn's Disease or Stomach Cancer.  His mother died of stomach cancer when she was 30. Whatever it was, it lingered.  He was sick almost a year before he died.  I think they were prepared.  

It seems ludicrous for the wife of a lord to run off with a footman.  The story kind stretched your imagination too much.  Too silly.  There are at least two more seasons to go through.  I'm sue they'll think of something better.

Yeah, but, that was yrs. later when he went chasing after Bertie who was then in his late teens or early twenties to try to have a talk with him running with the wrong crowd and taking up with women of the night and just generally being a young man.  Bad weather didn't make whatever condition he had any better when he took to his bed.

Daisy, is just, at this stage of Albert's life throwing in some kind of temporary illness for entertainment. Victoria, from what I can gather has 7 kids at this point she's due 2 more, so, Albert can't be in process of dying.

Esteemed Contributor

Cliffhanger 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Yeah, but, that was yrs. later when he went chasing after Bertie who was then in his late teens or early twenties to try to have a talk with him running with the wrong crowd and taking up with women of the night and just generally being a young man.  Bad weather didn't make whatever condition he had any better when he took to his bed.

Daisy, is just, at this stage of Albert's life throwing in some kind of temporary illness for entertainment. Victoria, from what I can gather has 7 kids at this point she's due 2 more, so, Albert can't be in process of dying.

The threw in the fainting spell of Albert as a teaser death scene.  Everyone knows he died young. But not exactly when.   Hoping some befuddled viewers (especially in the U.S.) will confuse this as his actual death.  

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

No way in **** she would had put up with a step sister for as long as Feo is hanging around.

If there had been bad blood between them I'm sure history would had recorded it like what's happening between Meghan and that horrible step sister of hers Samantha think her name is.

LOL - well, they didn't have social media and the surfeit of tabloids back then, so royal doings may have been kept a bit quieter.  (A shame Meghan's half-sister and her father can't be locked up in the Tower!)

History says they were close during childhood, growing up together in Kensington Palace, but that their relationship fractured somewhat later on when they were on opposite policital sides.

However, this is a dramatization, not a documentary.  Sarah Ferguson did a very good documentary on the young Queen Victoria.  The thing that seems to be true in all accounts of her is that she had a volatile temper and the relationship between her and Albert, although a genuine love story, was just as volatile.