Honored Contributor

I don't want Victoria to go!!!

Image result for small child crying

Honored Contributor

I agree this is all filler.  It's to drag it out for many seasons.

We could have wrapped this whole thing up in 10 episodes.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@PinkyPetunia Oh, Skerrett died. Yes, now I remember. Bummer!

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Daisy Goodwin think her name is didn't do a very good job on the screen play. I wonder if she's read any historical bio's on the pair. Her relationship with her mother and her mother's boyfriend was more interesting then this Feodora business, Palmerston, all the ladies in waiting having romps , etc.

What about the boy with the hemophilia that died ?

Honored Contributor

My personal opinion is that people pitch these programs and have it in their head that it's 2-3 seasons and then when it's a hit, the network wants more, so the have to figure out how to drag it out for 2-3 more seasons.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: Queen Victoria PBS

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Daisy Goodwin think her name is didn't do a very good job on the screen play. I wonder if she's read any historical bio's on the pair. Her relationship with her mother and her mother's boyfriend was more interesting then this Feodora business, Palmerston, all the ladies in waiting having romps , etc.

What about the boy with the hemophilia that died ?

Leopold was the son of Victoria that had Hemophilia B (a rare version of the disease) Althoug he was delecate growing up, he survived his childhood and died at age 30.  His sister Alice was a carrier (going in the Russian side).  It vanashed in the British Royal family. He was the youngest of Victoria to die.  Really remarkable.  At the time, when a death of a child was fairly common, all of Victoria kids survived in to adulthood.  And most of them died in their 80's, etc. Hemophilia was known at that time and there was a lot research in to it.  

Honored Contributor

True

Didn't think they knew much about it though because didn't help poor Russian boy Empress Alexandra's son. Course, they all ended up getting shot in the basement.

Honored Contributor

Re: Queen Victoria PBS

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

True

Didn't think they knew much about it though because didn't help poor Russian boy Empress Alexandra's son. Course, they all ended up getting shot in the basement.

They could not understand why it cropped up in families.  It wasnt' till later, around the turn of the century did they finally surmise that females carried it but were not affected.  The Russian Tsar situation was a generation previous to that. All they could do was to prevent them from bleeding too much.  Leopold managed to do it before he was 30.

I read a wonderful novel about this by Ruth Rendell called The Blood Doctor.  About a doctor during the time of Victoria trying to find out the cause of hemophilia.  But needed a subject.....

Honored Contributor

Oh my goodness!  Did Albert have a heart attack?  What a terrific guy!

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Oh my goodness!  Did Albert have a heart attack?  What a terrific guy!

I don’t know but he isn’t dead, cause he doesn’t die until 1861.