Honored Contributor

Re: One Royal Holiday On Hallmark Channel

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

Sounds nice.

Another fairy tale.   girl that kissed a frog prince type of story

@SharkE  Yep, this was the current year's version of Hallmarks annual prince/princess from some obscure/fictional European country story, where, of course, there are lots of phony British accents and, at some point, he dons a toy soldier suit and possibly a crown or she dons or a tiara... EIther way, there's almost always a sash... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Both Osnes and Tveit were in Grease. 

I never would have guessed that James and Danny Zuko were played by the same actor had you not mentioned it.

The dad and mayor are also from Broadway.  Overall we really enjoyed this one.   Far better than their normal royal movies we thought.

Honored Contributor

It might have made more sense to bring in folks with Broadway experience had there been a good bit of singing and dancing. Unless I missed something, all I saw was one relatively lame Christmas carol with several of the actors singing a line or two, seemingly each in their own key... Admittedly, I lost interest and was only half paying attention, so perhaps I missed the big production number... 

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

It might have made more sense to bring in folks with Broadway experience had there been a good bit of singing and dancing. Unless I missed something, all I saw was one relatively lame Christmas carol with several of the actors singing a line or two, seemingly each in their own key... Admittedly, I lost interest and was only half paying attention, so perhaps I missed the big production number... 

No idea if it was purposeful to bring in Broadway.  Laura Osnes has been in a few Hallmark movies already and I saw them interviewed and she suggested the gal who played the Queen for her role because she played the Fairy Godmother to LO's Cinderella on Broadway.  All do television, too, so it may have just worked out that way since Broadway is shut down and they are all available now.

Honored Contributor

I watched some of it, but, liked another Royal story I had seen before better.

The Prince wasn't very handsome. Like that gal's red pearl sweater then I remembered I had a Isaac pink long sweater covered in pearls. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I'm watching it now, and realized why the father looks so familiar to me, I'm 99.9% sure it's Kenny from Frasier.

So far I like this one.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I watched some of it, but, liked another Royal story I had seen before better.

The Prince wasn't very handsome. Like that gal's red pearl sweater then I remembered I had a Isaac pink long sweater covered in pearls. LOL

@SharkE  I agree with your assessment of the Prince, would rather have seen the actor playing Christopher be the prince.

Honored Contributor

Aaron Tveit is usually better looking than he was in this. I kept thinking what's up with his hair, it was terribly styled and looked greasy.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

Aaron Tveit is usually better looking than he was in this. I kept thinking what's up with his hair, it was terribly styled and looked greasy.

@Jordan2 , Yeah...it's almost like this is the vision that the PTB have for the male royals.  Although I didn't think this guy looked like "Danny Zuko", he certainly didn't have the look he has in this movie.

And @stevieb , back to the reason they had the Broadway people, also heaven knows they certainly need to add some new actors into the stable.  Plus it seems that they will have like a certain actor day where two or three of their movies play in one day.  Really...these people are not that beloved that we need a marathon of their movies.  JMO

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2 , Yeah...it's almost like this is the vision that the PTB have for the male royals.  Although I didn't think this guy looked like "Danny Zuko", he certainly didn't have the look he has in this movie.

And @stevieb , back to the reason they had the Broadway people, also heaven knows they certainly need to add some new actors into the stable.  Plus it seems that they will have like a certain actor day where two or three of their movies play in one day.  Really...these people are not that beloved that we need a marathon of their movies.  JMO

Seriously agree @Wsmom... Among so many others they do this with, it seems every time I check lately, the featured actor is Luke Macfarlane, who has never been among my favorites... 

As for Aaron Tveit... I like him, think he's talented, but for 37 YO, the man looked positively withered... and in my opinion I'd also note longer hair does not become him...