Honored Contributor

The Family Stone Movie On HBO Today

[ Edited ]

6:15 pm ET. It takes place at Christmas.

I saw this when it first came out at the movies and have seen it many times since on cable. I like it but it's not a favorite. I think I'll watch it just because I haven't seen it in a long time. With Sarah Jessica Parker, Diane Keaton, Dermott Mulroney (I think -I get him mixed up with Dylan McDermott) Luke Wilson (very good in this and very cute).

I wonder what others think of this movie?  SJP's character is too over-the-top through most of the film.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Family Stone Movie On HBO Today

Thanks.   

I don't think I've seen this one, so I scheduled an airing to record. 

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Oh, and PS:   I get those two guys mixed up, too.  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee  I agree with you. I like it but not a favorite.There are scenes that I just don't like at all.

Respected Contributor

I liked the movie except for the Diane Keaton character....she was rather obnoxious!

Honored Contributor

I watched this about a week ago, I had read it was a cult classic for some TV critics. I must have seen it when it came out, it must not have left much of an impression on me. Anyway I loved it, it isn't your usual holiday fare.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Saw it in the theater when it first came out in 2005, and seen it on TV. Definitely NOT a fave of mine, very depressing, and dreary,  for me it was almost painful to watch. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Saw it in the theater when it first came out in 2005, and seen it on TV. Definitely NOT a fave of mine, very depressing, and dreary,  for me it was almost painful to watch. 

@Shelbelle  If it was almost painful to watch, why would you ever watch it more than once?

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle  If it was almost painful to watch, why would you ever watch it more than once?

Because when it came on TV I thought I owed it to myself to give it another shot to confirm my first impression of it, it does have a great cast, but on TV I felt the same way, just not a fave of mine and would never watch it again. 

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   Saw your post and had never heard of this movie but I decided to recorded it.

After very hectic day yesterday just watched it and really enjoyed it - easy to watch, relaxing but SJP - to me- was very miscast- she did not spoil my enjoyment but she just did not come across for me.

Enjoyed it though- thank you for heads up.