Honored Contributor

Niki Is a Terrible Actress!!

I'm sorry but Niki is a terrible actress. She used to be a good actress, but maybe because they seldom use her (except to say, "Victor, the children..........."

Lately, she's had to act. The camera has been doing closeups and it's just sad (compared to the other actors).

Hopefully, as time goes on she will be able to muster at least some of those tears or at least some boo hoos.

Valued Contributor

Re: Niki Is a Terrible Actress!!

I've been thinking the same thing for some time now. I thought she was a lot better when she was younger. Her whispery, little girl voice is grating on my nerves, too.

Esteemed Contributor

Annabelle, I agree with you! They also need to dress her in clothes that FIT! She looks awful in the dresses she wears, they're too tight. It makes her look older, IMO~

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Well, I guess we all did things a lot better when we were younger, but I have no problems with Nikki's acting! I thought she did excellent yesterday arguing with Ian, he is an animal, I hate him! I hope she resists drinking, but he'd drive anyone to drink, IMO!

Honored Contributor

I keep saying this because I believe it's true......Nikki has a bad back (which is why she doesn't stand straight) and probably takes pain medication which does a little something to her speech. Maybe her words aren't coming out well. I can't say anything about why her clothes are too tight. I speak up for the old folks cause I'm one of them and have changed a lot, lol.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

foxie you are right!! I don't know why I didn't think of that. I think it might be the real Niki might be taking pain medication too (I don't know if it's the actress or the real person).

I take pain medicine but I know I don't slur my words but I'm sure I walk weird. I noticed her actually flinch when she was hugged yesterday. I remember thinking how much I like the way the producers (one of which is her husband) 'allowed' her to get just a little thick (maybe 10 lbs) over the years rather than to make her fit into a size 2 clothes. So I was watching her flinch and saw a tiny (really tiny) roll. Then I thought, I think it's the way she is twisting her back when he hugged her.

Anyway, I think you are right! I do stand though by the fact that she looks like she's trying to squeeze out a tear when lately she's had to cry.

Before that she just walked around saying a few things here and there. Now she has to cry (with close ups).

Thanks for that insight. I hadn't thought of that.

Honored Contributor

Hooty that guy who plays Ian is a good actor. He's been around a long time. He plays a sleeze bag really well. Just the way he raises and lowers his voice at certain times. He does it really well.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I totally disagree. The bad actress is the one that plays the new Kelly! Also the one playing Leslie isn't much better.

Honored Contributor

I don't think any soap opera stars are very good actors/actresses.

Honored Contributor

I had to watch the repeat on SOAP TV (I think it's called that) just now. I think Niki did a good job of acting when she was 'talking'(that is so dumb the way they talk out loud to the air).

Many people who started out being a SOAP actor all say that it was great training because not many actors are able to do it. It is usually only one or two takes, they say their lines (sometimes as many as 60 pages, I read) and the lights go out and everyone moves to another area of the sound stage.

They all say it is extremely stressful.