Honored Contributor

IS ANYONE HERE WATCHING "24" ?

I watched 24 years ago and then lost interest.

I've been watching the show again, but am not clear what happened .... it sounds like Jack Bauer was on the run for 4 years .... does anyone know what happened? TIA!

Honored Contributor

Re: IS ANYONE HERE WATCHING ""24"" ?

I think there was a "24" movie a few years back that preceded this and I didn't see that movie so I'm equally lost, but I think the situation with the Russians came from that movie.

I was really looking forward to "24" being back, but so far it's been kind of meh to me. I'm still watching it, but it's not really grabbing me this time around.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

I'm enjoying it - it is perfect for summer TV and I love Jack and Chloe. The only thing I'm not enjoying is Stephen Fry as the Prime Minister of England, I just don't buy it.

Jack has been on the run for killing a Russian politician fairly high up the food chain, that's what the last season was about. The U.S. was going to hand him over to the Russians, but Chloe helped him get away. Now it's 4 years later and Jack has re-emerged in order to prevent drone attacks on London/death of the American president who is in London. Does that help?

Honored Contributor

No, I don't remember a 24 movie. There was talk about it but it didn't happen.

They really haven't said much about what he's been up to yet. It may play out, who knows.

Honored Contributor

There was a 24 Tv movie back in 2008. I didn't see it though.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I'm enjoying this season .... does anyone know if Fox is bringing this back, or is this a one shot deal? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Valued Contributor

So far, it is a one-shot deal. I'm enjoying it too - it is classic "24" and I missed Chloe and Jack. Getting to like this Kate as well. Takes me time to warm up to a new character played by an unfamiliar (to me) actress. Not liking Stephen Fry as the PM and it is sad to watch Pres. Heller deal with the on-set of Alzheimer's.

Frequent Contributor

On 6/14/2014 mewsmomtoo said:

So far, it is a one-shot deal. I'm enjoying it too - it is classic "24" and I missed Chloe and Jack. Getting to like this Kate as well. Takes me time to warm up to a new character played by an unfamiliar (to me) actress. Not liking Stephen Fry as the PM and it is sad to watch Pres. Heller deal with the on-set of Alzheimer's.

Die hard "24" fan here since S1 and ITA!

Valued Contributor

Just read today that this season, although only 12 show hours, will cover a 24 hr. period. I thought that is what they said initially, but with each episode covering the usual hour, I thought maybe this would end 12 hours later instead of 24. There was also some talk of whether or not there would be more "24" in the future and, of course, they don't know, but they were also saying that maybe it would be Kate Morgan instead of Jack Bauer. I'd give that a try, but I would want to see or hear some Jack Bauer and, of course, Chloe. By the way, I am really enjoying the London location - good choice!

Super Contributor

It didn't click why I saw the lady that plays Chloe in London in January until I saw the season takes place in London mostly. I hope that Kiefer Sutherland will cave and continue with 24. Can't get enough Jack Bauer.