Respected Contributor

i can't believe that no one mentioned his wierd, DATED, sleazy outfit.  what man dresses like that?

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

But he was good in Moonstruck!

@Justice4all   I enjoyed him in the National Treasure movies Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor
Someone above mentioned marrying to build wealth. I know that's your opinion, but mine is how sad to feel that way. DH and I have been married for 45+ years. We're didn't marry to build wealth. We married because we loved each other and wanted to build a life together.
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor
Couldn't edit...but "was thought of a way to build wealth." Regardless, that thought is sad.
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:
Someone above mentioned marrying to build wealth. I know that's your opinion, but mine is how sad to feel that way. DH and I have been married for 45+ years. We're didn't marry to build wealth. We married because we loved each other and wanted to build a life together.

True @MamaWick .  You don't have to marry someone to build wealth.  You can do that on your own or with a business partner.  I agree that you marry someone for love.

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick 

The idea of marriage to build wealth was once accepted.   Farmer Jones had 100 acres and Farmer Smith had the same;  they wanted their family to become successful so marriage was arranged for their son and daughter.   The land stayed in the family and was passed down to descendants.  Arranged  marriages were common  and, in some cultures, it's still done.  Brides once had to have dowries!  Most marriages today are because the couples love each other, however their great great grandparents may have had arranged marriages.