Respected Contributor

Re: Nicholas Cage

[ Edited ]

Good googly moogly this man is a train wreck!!

Respected Contributor

Still trying to figure out why anyone would want to marry him...

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

He is a train wreck.

Super Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

But he was good in Moonstruck!

That was back in 1987.

Honored Contributor

People in Hollywood seem to feel the need to be married. Thus all the many marriage fails and legal battles with them. Look at Elizabeth Taylor.....

I can not figure that out.  If you are financially stable....and can afford a wonderful life on your own, there is no real reason for " marriage" today....if you are both committed to one another, that is all that matters.

For people of lesser means, Marrage was thought of as  a way to build wealth TOGETHER.  You start with nothing( as DH  and I  did 40 years ago)  and work together for financial stability. But in today's world, I think that premise is outdated.  It no  longer works well.

These Hollywood   Stars   Have money.... no need for a legal tie....easier to break up  just being committed without a license.  nothing  to battle in the courts or  Get annulled.

Oprah figured that out....she and her guy gave been together for years....no legal ties....both have tons on money....why mess things up? 

Marriage is like  having children.   Old religious by laws say get married...have children.....be fruitful.  Such hogwash today.  No need to feel obligated to have children.....no need today to "be married"  These old ideas are just  bad ideas in today's world and lead to divorce, child abuse,  and family disfunction.

What  was considered proper and right years ago  with "being Married" has changed.  

I know I will get flack from some for these thoughts....but they are MY thoughts.  

Honored Contributor

I have loved him in so many movies from different ranges of Raising Arizona, Conair (so buff and built) to Guarding Tess.  But for some reason just as Nicholas Cage the man he has always given me the heebie jeebies.  Kevin Spacey was the same way for me for years too and now I know why.  I guess there is just something different we pick up on and just are not sure why.  Still a great actor, maybe one day he will find true love but just not feel the need to say "I Do."

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

He just seems like a strange guy...

Trusted Contributor

Re: Nicholas Cage

[ Edited ]

Can You Say Drugs And Rock and Roll!!!

If he keeps going on this way he’ll be doing a reenactment of his movie Leaving Las Vegas. I hope he gets a grip on his life. 

Honored Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

Can You Say Drugs And Rock and Roll!!!

If he keeps going on this way he’ll be doing a reenactment of his movie Leaving Las Vegas. I hope he gets a grip on his life. 

That's exactly what I was going to say.......I certainly hope not, but wow... He is out of control it seems.....very sad......Hope he get the help he so desperately needs...

Respected Contributor

He seems very troubled and lost.