Esteemed Contributor

The name sounds familiar but I didn't watch it.  Based on posts here, I don't think I will.  I don't like shows that manipulate emotions.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Maybe changing the time ot 8 is nbc's way of trying to get better ratings, I prefer 9. 

Honored Contributor

I'm trying to identify an actor .....  bald lawyer who is Gabe's father ......  he looks SO familiar but I'm not recognizing his name  in the credits ......  anyone know who he is?

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I'm trying to identify an actor .....  bald lawyer who is Gabe's father ......  he looks SO familiar but I'm not recognizing his name  in the credits ......  anyone know who he is?

Dominic Chinese. He played Uncle Jun in the Sopranos.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Dominic Chinese. He played Uncle Jun in the Sopranos.

He is Gabe's grandfather, not his father

Respected Contributor

I am loving this show and envy the way all the people in the building take care of each other.  I wish that were true in real life.  There is so much strife and angst and the characters are so diverse and wonderful to follow, however, I am loving Gus's grandfather and Gwendolina!  What a terrific couple and what a marvelous love story it is turning out to be.  Loved the scene in the subway, just so warm and moving.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Show The Village

[ Edited ]

Is it just me and a long winter or could the show use some uplifting twists and plots? I also like how the building is a community. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@LogoFan wrote:

I recorded this series and just yesterday started binge watching.  I really love it.

I did not have any difficulty remembering all of the characters; I guess because I watched a number of episodes in 2 days.

I totally intend to stay with this show.

@LogoFan don't get too attached to this show. According to the TV Guide the ratings aren't good and it may not get a second season.

@Jordan2 thanks for feedback.  Hope this show picks up better ratings as time goes on.  It is still pretty early in the series.

Honored Contributor

Remember Gwendolina as Alicia's meddling mother in law on Good Wife??

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Remember Gwendolina as Alicia's meddling mother in law on Good Wife??

Yes, I'd forgotten that.  I remember her as Jen's grandmother on Dawson's Creek.