Honored Contributor

I watched this new show last night, on NBC at 10:00. I loved it, within 10 minutes I was hooked. I love shows that make you get invested in the characters and their storylines. I guessed the reveal at the end concerning Nick and Sara. I loved the framing of the scene when Nick is reunited with the dog that saved his life, you didn't noticed til the end of the scene, the dog was missing his right front leg just like Nick lost part of his.

Honored Contributor

We wanted to watch it cuz Uncle Jun was in it,but after a few minutes did not care for it.

Respected Contributor

Holly sunshine, Same here it seemed to be too much going on.

Honored Contributor

Re: New Show The Village

[ Edited ]

@Leggett28 wrote:

@Leggett28 wrote:

I have to agree, I will watch next week, but there were way too many characters introduced at once, recognize the older man from the Sopranos. 

Honored Contributor

I guess I'm in the minority because I liked it. I always get on board with a new show. Some shows I watch out of habit (Grey's Anatomy), stay at the party for too long.

Honored Contributor

I was rather underwhelmed, but I’ll give it another episode or two.  I did like the dog and the correlation with the owner’s leg.

It seems like these types of ensemble shows are the “in” thing now.  Some are okay, others not so much.  Too much angst in many for me.

Regular Contributor

I loved it too. Am very interested in future episodes. True there are lots of characters but that will probably give way to more story lines. 

Esteemed Contributor

missed it -- thanks for reminder

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

It was somewhat entertaining at the same time it managed to include virtually every trite, currently 'relevant', predictable, and cliched premise, situation, dramatic theme and character imaginable. Not sure I will watch it again.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

I recorded it and watched it today. I liked it. There were a lot of characters but I think they were easy enough to figure out by the end of the show.