Esteemed Contributor

Glad you liked it for I have it recorded after The Two of Us. 

Valued Contributor

I loved this warm hearted show with its interesting characters and relevent subject matter. I hope it has a long run.

Honored Contributor

I agree that there are a lot of stories going on, but mercifully all of the characters do not look alike, so it was easier to follow than For the People.

Didn't love it, didn't hate it.  Since there is very little on right now, I'll stay with it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

We just watched it earlier this evening (DVRd it) and absolutely love it!  It was warm, charming, I actually felt for the characters and am looking forward to seeing how all these relationships/friendships develop.   It is so rare to see a well written, intelligent show as there are so few on regular TV.  I cannot wait for the next episode.  And by the way, I was moved to tears when that dog showed up and the affection and bond they showed for one another.  When they showed that he was also missing a leg, I completey lost it and was crying like a baby (my DH also watered up). 

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed it and plan to watch again.

Honored Contributor

Well, I have to admit, they sure crammed a lot into a first episode, but it was easy to follow.   I liked the characters and their storylines.   

However .... the music was too much for me .... and it wasn't just melodies, but lyrics as well.  JMO, I'm not a fan of music running simultaneously with conversation, as the music is competing and I have to to keep rewinding to catch the dialogue.   Too much trouble!

Esteemed Contributor

Looking forward to second show

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

All the characters are formula, the feisty old man, the caring hard working single mother, the problem teenager, the wounded vet, ...and, except for the dog, none are likable. It's a version of a 60s commune. 

Because of the popularity of This is Us, expect more of the same type drama.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

All the characters are formula, the feisty old man, the caring hard working single mother, the problem teenager, the wounded vet, ...and, except for the dog, none are likable. It's a version of a 60s commune. 

Because of the popularity of This is Us, expect more of the same type drama.

My thoughts exactly @occasionalrain . I'd said pretty much the same thing... And yes, the 'plucking at the heartstrings' dramas will be coming fast and furious for a while... They even had This is Angst, which I gave up after half a season, as the lead in... I saw this show was on again last night and then promptly forgot about it, so didn't watch.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I like character driven shows, so I like this. I care about the characters and want to see their stories unfold.