Honored Contributor

Re: 😲 Netflix Loses 200K Subscribers 😲

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

People need to be careful about what they believe just because someone insinuates it on the Q forums. 

The info is available to the public but too many are fine being part of the 'low info' crowd.

So this is your way of feeling intellectually superior? You're in the "high info" crowd? I am very well informed, and your post is rude.

Anyone can Google what you are suggesting and consider the source. If I am correct about the source it is definitely "low info". But I am sure you will continue with your usual conspiracy theory laden and politically suggestive posts.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@tansy @Mz iMac 

I would say but like many other things, it would be considered 'controversial' on these boards. People just need to be careful of what they indirectly support with their dollars/viewership.

I agree wholeheartedly!  I am just learning about businesses I've used for years support causes that I was totally unaware of.  Told my husband last night that I was canceling Netflix. 

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I dropped my Netflix subscription after many years, towards the end of last year.  I remember when it use to be all DVD, before switching over to streaming only. No big drama for the reason why I dropped the service. I just was not watching much of the content.

I have SLING TV, HULU, AMAZON PRIME, and ROKU. I am only one person, I  also enjoy reading and I work 40 hours a week, there are only so many hours in a day. :-)

I do plan on joining again this summer for a month, to watch a few shows that I do wish to see. Bridgerton 2, The Lincoln Lawyer, and a special with Viola Davis and Oprah. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Why did I think Netflix allowed like 3 or 4 people to use one account?

@Lipstickdiva Multiple households shouldn't have use as a single household.  That's not fair. 

@Sooner , I'm just trying to figure out how this all works.  I've watched 2 short series on Netflix. 

I looked and found that Netflix allows 5 profiles on one account.  I don't understand what that means.  Is that 5 profiles in the same house?  Why would different people in the same house need a "profile"?  Clearly I don't know the ins and outs of Netflix.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Lipstickdiva ,

Profiles are different depending on your viewing habits. It's kind of like what Youtube does with your recommended videos but even more personalized and convenient.

They have what's called "MY LIST" where you can keep track of upcoming shows you don't want to miss, things you may already have seen but don't want to lose track of--maybe to rewatch, or things you want to see but just haven't had time to watch yet.

Next is the "CONTINUE TO WATCH" section that shows things you've started watching but haven't finished. It keeps track of where you are and returns you there.

Then, like Youtube, shows are recommended depending on what you've watched in the past. 

Each person in the house can have their own profile that would differ from other members of the household. It's a nice feature.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@icezeus, Netflix still has a DVD option. In fact different options depending on how many DVDs you want to receive at a time. Some title only available on disc, others only available forstreaming.

@Lipstickdiva, accounts within a household. Different accounts so each individual within that household can create their own wishlist queue of titles. 

Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

People need to be careful about what they believe just because someone insinuates it on the Q forums. 

The info is available to the public but too many are fine being part of the 'low info' crowd.

So this is your way of feeling intellectually superior? You're in the "high info" crowd? I am very well informed, and your post is rude.

Anyone can Google what you are suggesting and consider the source. If I am correct about the source it is definitely "low info". But I am sure you will continue with your usual conspiracy theory laden and politically suggestive posts.

Good grief is that the pot calling the kettle black. Low info? LOLOLOL. A disproven claim of child sex abuse slandering the CEO of Netflix from 2 years ago.  Ummm. Ok. Notice how everyone is now a pedophile? They are everywhere. But, sure. Low info, indeed.

No wonder the world is upside down.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Hi @Lipstickdiva ,

Profiles are different depending on your viewing habits. It's kind of like what Youtube does with your recommended videos but even more personalized and convenient.

They have what's called "MY LIST" where you can keep track of upcoming shows you don't want to miss, things you may already have seen but don't want to lose track of--maybe to rewatch, or things you want to see but just haven't had time to watch yet.

Next is the "CONTINUE TO WATCH" section that shows things you've started watching but haven't finished. It keeps track of where you are and returns you there.

Then, like Youtube, shows are recommended depending on what you've watched in the past. 

Each person in the house can have their own profile that would differ from other members of the household. It's a nice feature.

@SusieQ_2 So how come I'm not charged less for one or two profiles than for people with five profiles????

Honored Contributor

I thought i heard that  netfilx  stopped programing into russia,and that was main reason they lost people ,could be wrong,but thought i heard that ,but must say ,i can not fing any movies i really like ,that i have not already watched./

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.