Esteemed Contributor

Re: 😲 Netflix Loses 200K Subscribers 😲

@Sooner wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Hi @Lipstickdiva ,

Profiles are different depending on your viewing habits. It's kind of like what Youtube does with your recommended videos but even more personalized and convenient.

They have what's called "MY LIST" where you can keep track of upcoming shows you don't want to miss, things you may already have seen but don't want to lose track of--maybe to rewatch, or things you want to see but just haven't had time to watch yet.

Next is the "CONTINUE TO WATCH" section that shows things you've started watching but haven't finished. It keeps track of where you are and returns you there.

Then, like Youtube, shows are recommended depending on what you've watched in the past. 

Each person in the house can have their own profile that would differ from other members of the household. It's a nice feature.

@SusieQ_2 So how come I'm not charged less for one or two profiles than for people with five profiles????

@Sooner 

Your monthly fee is not determined by profiles but rather by the plan you choose. There are three tiers to choose from--Basic, Standard, and Premium.  

Tiers determine the number of screens that can be watched at one time, the number of devices you can download to, and whether or not you have HD, Ultra HD, or neither. Regardless of which plan you have you are allowed up to five separate profiles per household. 

Honored Contributor

Re: 😲 Netflix Loses 200K Subscribers 😲

@Sooner wrote:

So how come I'm not charged less for one or two profiles than for people with five profiles????

@Sooner  Netflix is in the process of changing "sharing" as well as a "payment tier" for those that share.  They want to close up all the loopholes that are currently in play.  Allegedly, the "new rules" should be rolling out by the beginning of summer.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif