Trusted Contributor

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous Life

That was such a nice gesture to take their friends on the trip and the accommodations looked so nice there too.  Her parents are such nice people.  I think her father wants her to lose weight but one race is just not going to do it.  She has to begin a routine of steady daily workouts and watching her calorie intake.  I think she has an incredible task there to lose so much weight but she is young and she can do it if she would put her mind to it.  I thought that the reason for the show was to give other people inspiration but it seems to be falling short and she is in this slump and not doing anything about the weight. Hope she starts to realize that soon and start doing something.

Honored Contributor

I think that Whitney does care about what people think about her, but she's not interested in changing herself in any way so she focuses on changing the viewpoint of other people. And she doesn't recognize that most of the criticism she receives doesn't come from her size, but from her behavior. She's right that people should get basic respect and courtesy regardless of their size, but after that she's wrong. If you don't bathe, brush your hair, and walk around dressed in clothes that are practically vacuum sealed to your body then people are going to judge you.
Honored Contributor

@colliemom4wrote:
I think that Whitney does care about what people think about her, but she's not interested in changing herself in any way so she focuses on changing the viewpoint of other people. And she doesn't recognize that most of the criticism she receives doesn't come from her size, but from her behavior. She's right that people should get basic respect and courtesy regardless of their size, but after that she's wrong. If you don't bathe, brush your hair, and walk around dressed in clothes that are practically vacuum sealed to your body then people are going to judge you.

@colliemom4  Why do you think that she doesn't bathe?

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirlwrote:

@colliemom4wrote:

@colliemom4  Why do you think that she doesn't bathe?

@mousiegirl  She doesn't look like it lol.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The first couple of seasons, I thought of her as an inspiration to anyone who felt hindered by their weight. Her universal message seemed to be "live life to the fullest, step outside of the box." Many times people with weight issues, in particular, put their life on hold, thinking they have to be a certain weight to be worthy of a happy life. I admired her energy and confidence to dance, hike, bike, etc.

A few seasons ago, she had a personal trainer. He really tried repeatedly to help Whitney but she wouldn't cooperate. So, he had no choice but to drop her. The truth is, you can't help someone more than they want to help themselves.

I think the show has gone off the rails this season. But if there is another season after this one, I'd like to see her get back to the initial focus of the show.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really worry that her father is pushing her too hard  for the 8K run.  Her size alone puts a strain on her body without adding extreme activity.  Didn't she pass out at a dance class once?  I know he means well, and she certaintly should exercise, but under safe conditions.  "Bribing" her to exercise under extreme conditions is not helping her in the long run, and could even do damage. 

Her father seems to be in denial a bit.  When he got off the surf board he claimed he didn't hit the rocks, but in the next scene you could see that his legs and knees were all cut up!

Unless Whitney makes up her mind that SHE wants to lose weight it's not going to happen, especially if she is getting paid to be on a show that is supposed to show being fat is "Fabulous"!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@daisy4wrote:

I really worry that her father is pushing her too hard  for the 8K run.  Her size alone puts a strain on her bdoy without adding extreme activity.  Didn't she pass out at a dance class once?  I know he means well, and she certaintly should exercise, but under safe conditions.  "Bribing" her to exercise under extreme conditions is not helping her in the long run, and could even do damage. 

Her father seems to be in denial a bit.  When he got off the surf board he claimed he didn't hit the rocks, but in the next scene you could see that his legs and knees were all cut up!

Unless Whitney makes up her mind that SHE wants to lose wait it's not going to happen, especially if she is getting paid to be on a show that is supposed to show being fat is "Fabulous"!

Hi @daisy4  Yes Whitney has had several episodes where she couldn't breathe and or didn't know what was going on with her health etc. Did she pass out? She may have. I stopped watching the show but I started again so I may have missed that. Regardless, she's in bad shape healthwise. She's a ticking time bomb. At her weight, I doubt most doctors would even recommend getting out there and exerting yourself the way she does.

Regarding her dad falling and acting like it was no big deal, those rocks look pretty sharp! I'm glad he was ok. I was concerned  for him. He's not exactly a spring chicken! LOL. I give him credit for getting out there. I think he may have done it because he wanted to be an example to Whitney? On the next week's preview it appears that she's doing the race and looks as if she's in BAD shape. Don't know if you've seen it or not? She really needs to stop with all of this.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4wrote:

@daisy4wrote:

I really worry that her father is pushing her too hard  for the 8K run.  Her size alone puts a strain on her bdoy without adding extreme activity.  Didn't she pass out at a dance class once?  I know he means well, and she certaintly should exercise, but under safe conditions.  "Bribing" her to exercise under extreme conditions is not helping her in the long run, and could even do damage. 

Unless Whitney makes up her mind that SHE wants to lose wait it's not going to happen, especially if she is getting paid to be on a show that is supposed to show being fat is "Fabulous"!

Hi @daisy4  Yes Whitney has had several episodes where she couldn't breathe and or didn't know what was going on with her health etc. Did she pass out? She may have. I stopped watching the show but I started again so I may have missed that. Regardless, she's in bad shape healthwise. She's a ticking time bomb. At her weight, I doubt most doctors would even recommend getting out there and exerting yourself the way she does.

Regarding her dad falling and acting like it was no big deal, those rocks look pretty sharp! I'm glad he was ok. I was concerned  for him. He's not exactly a spring chicken! LOL. I give him credit for getting out there. I think he may have done it because he wanted to be an example to Whitney? On the next week's preview it appears that she's doing the race and looks as if she's in BAD shape. Don't know if you've seen it or not? She really needs to stop with all of this.

@colliemom4  Whitney said she has a severe case of planter fasciitis , so think that was her issue during the race.  Yes, she did pass out during a dance class.

Whitney's Dad a Spring chicken, lol, how about a Spring Rooster, lol.  I didn't notice his legs scratched, wondered how he missed those rocks as he was heading straight toward them, so obviously he didn't miss them, lol.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  I like Spring chicken better so that's what I call everyone.... LOL. I've had that condition with my feet for years, but it seems she was suffering with something more. I wonder how far in the race she was when this all came about? I guess we'll find out more on the next episode.

Super Contributor

@daisy4wrote:

I really worry that her father is pushing her too hard  for the 8K run.  Her size alone puts a strain on her body without adding extreme activity.  Didn't she pass out at a dance class once?  I know he means well, and she certaintly should exercise, but under safe conditions.  "Bribing" her to exercise under extreme conditions is not helping her in the long run, and could even do damage. 

Unless Whitney makes up her mind that SHE wants to lose weight it's not going to happen, especially if she is getting paid to be on a show that is supposed to show being fat is "Fabulous"!

I don't know if it's been mentioned on this thread or not that the reason Whitney is so large is due to a condition she was diagnosed with called polycystic ovarian syndrome.  It can cause weight gain and hormonal changes make it very hard to lose that weight. During her college days, she was a normal weight and very pretty. So, she could exercise for hours everyday and eat healthy and still not lose much weight.

Deep In The Heart of Texas