Honored Contributor

My Big Fat Fabulous Life

[ Edited ]

Anyone watch Whitney in Hawaii last night? Her swimsuit. No. Just no.

You could tell Buddy would rather not have been there and he didn't need to be.

Honored Contributor

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous Life

I do not know what is wrong with me. I was just passing through the channels and that train wreck was on. And guess what, I stopped to look. 

Not a pretty sight. I haven't watched in quite a few episodes but I still know the highlights.

I feel bad for Buddy. His personal problems and weaknesses are out there for everyone to see, just because he is her roommate. I can't help but think he is uncomfortable discussing everything for the world to see. Maybe he wants to keep somethings private. And deal with his recovery at his own pace. Instead of going to Hawaii because it was already planned.

And yes, the bathing suit can not be unseen.  But Whitney likes to be the center of attention. And this show and family certainly give it to her.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla  I stopped watching but started again. I have no idea why lol. Yes Buddy seemed very uncomfortable yet Whitney kept blabbering on. I have no idea why she attempts things like surfing or skiing. She always panics and ends up making a fool of herself, but as you said she loves that attention.

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4wrote:

Anyone watch Whitney in Hawaii last night? Her swimsuit. No. Just no.

Buddy was acting odd.

Buddy's behavior appeared odd because he had just been released from a drug rehab program. He's recovering from an addiction to cocaine.

Valued Contributor

Freak show

Esteemed Contributor

I have mixed emotions about the bathing suit on Whitney.  Did she look good?  Obviously, no.  But I give her credit for wearing what she wants and being comfortable and not worrying about what people will say.  

Esteemed Contributor

I started watching it last week after taking a break from last season.

I felt bad for Whitney's dad after coming out of the water, his forehead had cuts on it.

She is rough on her parents. They are very good to her.

Her brother does not say or do much when he is on that I've seen.

She got so furious about running and her dad changing it froma 5K to an 8K.

I'm sorry but she is probably not going to last long at all.

I've seen a previous season when she was pushing herself to run and ended up

getting sick early into the run. She is ambitious and confident and should use those

skills about getting healthy, not completing one sport or another here and there just 

to prove to people that she can do things. 

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1wrote:

I have mixed emotions about the bathing suit on Whitney.  Did she look good?  Obviously, no.  But I give her credit for wearing what she wants and being comfortable and not worrying about what people will say.  

I was wondering where Whitney bought the bathing suit. I thought the pattern and material looked quite nice. And the fabric seemed to be well made too.

I must admit I was shocked how big she was. With clothing on, you don't see all the skin. With a bathing suit - you do.

Super Contributor

I don't know what it is about these so called reality shows that just sort of suck me in. LOL!  This show, just like Sister Wives, I feel silly watching, but, can't seem to help myself. Whitney does enjoy attention - otherwise - she would think twice about her choice of outfits that always show so much of her large body. As for trying surfing - I have no words. I feel sorry for her family having to watch. Her brother seems embarassed by Whitney and does not seem to enjoy appearing on the show. That was the price he paid for a free trip to Hawaii. I LOVE her mother, Babs. She is a hoot! As for Buddy, as others have mentioned, he does not need his life and drug problems completely exposed to the world.  

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Respected Contributor

I watch this show and have no idea why I do! It is a train wreck with all the drama that is Whitney. I feel like her parents try to help her to the best of their ability and want her to take better care of herself. The disease she has would be very difficult to deal with. I do admire the fact that she wears what she wants and is comfortable doing it. I think she could have been a lot more gracious and kind to her Dad regarding the 8K that she thought was a 5K. Just do the best you can and get on with it. He is just trying to be supportive and especially since he is doing it with her.