Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

She's a social climber who claims to be proud of who she is while disregarding, dismissing her family. I dislike social climbers and liars. Her choice of husbands, a producer to further her career and now that it's obvious she will never be anything but a supporting actress, she's marrying Harry to get a starring role. If Harry were an accountant or a construction worker, she wouldn't give him a second look.

@occasionalrain

WOW .....  you definitely must be British!   

For someone who hates liars so much, you shouldn't be claiming things about Meghan that just aren't true.    Hypocritical much?   Yikes.

Honored Contributor

nintchdbpict000401380402.jpg 

4/25 Veterans Memorial Service 

Honored Contributor

My opinion which is based on her behavior, her age, her first marriage of a mere two years, the length of time as an actress and her roles during that time, the men she chooses and those she avoids, her comments taking over interviews  since the engagement...

Observation, one doesn't need to get wet to know it's raining.

Honored Contributor

4B8A79D000000578-0-image-a-62_1524654965090.jpg

Anzac Day Service: Westminster Abbey 

Honored Contributor

No matter what Meghan does or does not do she will always have her fans and people who find fault. It comes with the territory of being in the public eye. 

From what I have seen so far, she handles herself with grace and dignity. Harry is one lucky man...

Valued Contributor

She looked very nice today.....in both outfits!!!

not a floppy shawl collared coat in sight

Honored Contributor

4B8B44DF00000578-5655555-Prince_Harry_and_his_fiancee_US_actress_Meghan_Markle_walk_with_-a-193_1524662463503.jpg 

Honored Contributor

DbjIU4jXUAAaSIw.jpeg 

Sheku Kanneh-Mason Winner of the BBC Young Musician of the year 2016

Performing at the Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and MS Meghan Markle

Honored Contributor

DbjIi0uXUAAo-J0.jpeg  

Karen Gibson and The Kingdom Choir. The choir is made of group of British artists dedicated to creating a sound that demonstrates the community their share, and has been performing both national and internationally for over 20 years. 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

My opinion which is based on her behavior, her age, her first marriage of a mere two years, the length of time as an actress and her roles during that time, the men she chooses and those she avoids, her comments taking over interviews  since the engagement...

Observation, one doesn't need to get wet to know it's raining.

@occasionalrain

Oh, good grief.   Her age?????   I have no idea what that even means.   Do you also think she is the "wrong" age? 

Why would the "length of time she was an actress" have any relevance?    She's worth several million dollars on her own, and had a successful career.  (Fact --- She earned $50,000 an episode on Suits.)

Just HOW would you have any idea what men she avoids?  

As for her marriage of a "mere two years" .... you obviously don't know they were together for more than 5 years  BEFORE  they got married.   But why bother with any of the actual facts, eh?

By the way ......   LOTS of people in the entertainment industry date and marry each other.   It's a career like no other and many outsiders can't relate to the challenges.   Julia Roberts is happily married to Danny Moder .... just a mere camera man ..... does that make Danny a "social climber", too?   

I don't know about you, but most people I know marry people because of the person they are .... NOT because of the job they currently hold.  Maybe that's what people you know do, but that's definitely not the norm.

I think the most relevant point here is Harry said he knew she was the one the first time they met ....  HE did the proposing and he's obviously very happy.   Even the queen approves, as well as the rest of the royals, so your negative assessment is far from accurate.