Super Contributor

Long Island Medium -What Do You Believe?

This topic has probably come up before, but, if so, I missed it. I've watched the show some just out of curiosity, but, gotta say....I don't believe in mediums. She would really have to tell me something that there is NO chance  anyone other than myself could possibly know to convince me that she is for real.

And another thing, who wears that 60's hairstyle and dagger nails these days?!!! 

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Honored Contributor

Re: Long Island Medium -What Do You Believe?

@moon_gazer wrote:

This topic has probably come up before, but, if so, I missed it. I've watched the show some just out of curiosity, but, gotta say....I don't believe in mediums. She would really have to tell me something that there is NO chance  anyone other than myself could possibly know to convince me that she is for real.

And another thing, who wears that 60's hairstyle and dagger nails these days?!!! 

@moon_gazer

The devil in disguise.

Frequent Contributor

Bless your heart.

Honored Contributor

This show is pure entertainment.  I don't believe for one minute that she or anyone else communicates with the dead.  Wishful thinking

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know that Mediums are real, but not everyone who claims to be a Medium is.

i know there is a spiritual world that we become part of when we leave the material world.

i am not guessing, I know.  I, as well as my youngest son have been blessed if you want to call it that, with the gift of communication with people who are in the spiritual world. We are not Mediums.

i have no idea if the Long Island Medium is real and can communicate with people who have  passed but, I am sure if she is , she is like me.  I don’t care if people believe or not.  It doesn’t matter.

i have read that she suffered a lot of fear and anxiety as a child.  My son did too.  It is very frightening for a child to see spirits. Based on that, if it is a true fact, she probably is.    

I question how she can communicate with specific spirits when she wants to, maybe She embellishes on occasion...

Her hair style and nails are a personal choice, different than what most people would want, but  we are not copies of  each other. There is nothing wrong with looking different.

If you want to have an experience, spend some time in my son’s house.  It is not always active, but when it is, i don’t  Know how he stays there..he lives alone.

Honored Contributor

While I don't believe all who claim to be mediums are, I do believe there are many who can communicate with those who have passed.  I was with a friend who had a random encounter with a woman who was a medium and was told several things that only she knew.  She never met this woman before and this medium was just visiting the area for her job when she got this message for my friend.  No money exchange - just her saying you probably will think I'm crazy but I am being drawn to you with a message.  There was no explanation for what happened except that this woman was a genuine medium.

Honored Contributor

If I ever saw her, I'd run the other way.

Honored Contributor

Sorry OP I don't like hearing one woman criticize another woman because of her looks (hair & nails). Not a nice thing to say.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@Carmie

The post about the LI Medium reminded me of something that happened last summer as I was watching a chance show.  I have posted a few examples of communication with a dearly beloved aunt who had passed.  As I watched the show, I kept feeling sad, depressed and missing her.

The door bell rings ( highly rare occasion ) and someone left a religious flyer in the door.  The main article focused on the spiritual life after earthly death.  The timing of this was uncanny...coincidental, maybe....but the message was received.  I was thankful and at peace again.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I believe she has a gift that is real.  I believe there many who can communicate with the dead.  I also believe that there are charlatans out there ready to prey on the desperate.

I like the show and I like her, but sometimes her loud, over the top personality can get annoying.  Although her hair and nails are kind of bizarre, they are her choices.