Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

A little bit of SOA appears to pop up each episode.  Remember Chucky from SOA?  He was the salvage yard guy in this latest episode.  His messed up hands were a dead give away.

I thought he looked familiar.  Thanks, @Mz iMac.

Trusted Contributor

I plan to watch it, or at least long enough to make a desicion about it...I went on FX website to read about cast etc. It said a few appearances from the old SOA cast will show up once and a while.

I was really hoping the man Jemma was dating end of show would  be on the Mayans....can't remember his name right now, he was on "How to get Away with Murder" also.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Respected Contributor

@deja vu wrote:

I plan to watch it, or at least long enough to make a desicion about it...I went on FX website to read about cast etc. It said a few appearances from the old SOA cast will show up once and a while.

I was really hoping the man Jemma was dating end of show would  be on the Mayans....can't remember his name right now, he was on "How to get Away with Murder" also.

nero...Jimmy Smits

Respected Contributor

I tried again, just don't like it, I really despise reading sub-titles...I feel like I am in Mexico

Respected Contributor

Re: Mayans M. C.

[ Edited ]

I came on the boards to see if anyone is still watching this show.  While my favorite show of all time was SOA, after this week's Mayan episode (Oct. 2), I am done.  I gave it a fair chance wanting to like it, but I have to use closed captioning to understand what is being said, since I'm unfamiliar with that area of the country.  I find everything about the show to be depressing, and for me, there is no charismatic character or interesting story line.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm trying, I really am.  The subtitles do not bother me since it makes the scenes more realistic -   folks speaking their mother language among each other.  Even the all american blond speaks fluent Spanish.

What bothers me about this show is that there are so many subplots that each can have their own series!  I can't keep up.  I still don't know whos who other than the brothers & their father.

Even reading the cliff notes/recaps, I'm confused.gif

I'll  continue to watch but I do not think season 2 will be in my future.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I'm trying, I really am.  The subtitles do not bother me since it makes the scenes more realistic -   folks speaking their mother language among each other.  Even the all american blond speaks fluent Spanish.

What bothers me about this show is that there are so many subplots that each can have their own series!  I can't keep up.  I still don't know whos who other than the brothers & their father.

Even reading the cliff notes/recaps, I'm confused.gif

I'll  continue to watch but I do not think season 2 will be in my future.

I agree about the subplots.  Did find the twist with EZ's father at the end of the episode to be interesting.  Hoping the pace picks up as the finale nears.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter

Judging by this last episode & the previews, the father will be using his "past life expertise" to "control" his youngest son's DEA handler. 

At least that is the one subplot I am able to follow. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

I'm still watching.  I find it odd that for a motorcycle club called The Mayans, many members can't speak Spanish.  The president of the Oakland chapter who frequently was on SOA makes an occasional appearance on this show and I enjoy seeing him but there is such a stark contrast between his ethnicity and some of the others.  I guess being Hispanic is not a criteria in being a member of The Mayans??  Very confusing.  Some of the actors clearly are not Hispanic at all and I find that too disingenuous about this series,  A real Hispanic motorcycle club would not allow swarthy looking men who can't speak Spanish as their criteria to join.  The Spanish subtitles don't bother me in the least.  One must remember this motorcycle club is called The Mayans and their first language is suppose to be Spanish.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Because I liked SOA so much, I will keep trying with The Mayans but none of the characters are particularly appealing.  I like the subtitles.  I’ve lost any Spanish skills I had years ago so I like seeing what I can pick up.