Honored Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight ---- Australia

@shaggygirl 

So, true.  She is looking for a true marital partner.  She has been divorced for quite a long while.  She should not have to settle for a husband that she loves like a friend!  She is still a young woman and should have all her needs met.  Steve, I believe, does love her but obviously just as a dear friend, and that is certainly not enough to have a real marriage and to have it succeed. Well, I suppose it could succeed if friendship is what both partners wanted and needed.  However, Mischel wants the intimacy and physical aspect of marriage, as well as the friendship, and everything that goes along with it and she deserves it.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam 

I'm sure there is so much editing and so much to make the show more interesting for viewers.  And, of course, certain things which the public is not really entitled to see or hear about.  So, yes, I really liked Steve also.  And I really liked Mischel, too.  I was rooting for them as I thought they were a lovely couple together.  After they got through a lot of the rough spots, it was so nice to see the way they held hands, called each other darling and laughed and seemed to have a great time together.  

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt 

I adore Connie!  I think she is really a sweetie.  She seems the most genuine of the whole bunch.  I feel she has been given a raw deal with "Johnny".  I think he has given her a raw deal, mixed signals and just been emotionally draining for her.  He should just have said straight out --- look, you're a nice girl, but I have no attraction to you, never will, and this is just not going to work out for me.  Period.  He just wanted to be there for the t.v. exposure, vacation, partying with the boys, money, etc.  Period.  

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@chickenbutt 

I adore Connie!  I think she is really a sweetie.  She seems the most genuine of the whole bunch.  I feel she has been given a raw deal with "Johnny".  I think he has given her a raw deal, mixed signals and just been emotionally draining for her.  He should just have said straight out --- look, you're a nice girl, but I have no attraction to you, never will, and this is just not going to work out for me.  Period.  He just wanted to be there for the t.v. exposure, vacation, partying with the boys, money, etc.  Period.  

@AngelPuppy1 

She wouldn't take the clues. She kept writing STAY.

Esteemed Contributor

Anyone watching the new season that just started Feb 2021?  Several of the couples are already a mess.

Honored Contributor

I'm watching again this season.  Last week it looked like a lot of promise with the first couples.   Of course, there's drama now.

This week's episode I was cringing a bit with the new couples.

I think there are even more next week.  I kind of wish they wouldn't have sooooo many couples each season.  But then I guess we'll probably see that some won't last beyond the first dinner episode.

I really like how different the Australia one is.   I like the dinners and the ceremonies (go or stay).

One of the first couples (sorry, don't know names net) looked perfect and then, this episode, some cracks have shown.  

I'm going to hang in.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I watched for the first time last Thursday.  What was memorable and stupid that stood out were the two brothers of two brides looking angry and combative about their grown sisters getting married.  It looked silly when these short brothers got up in both tall grooms' faces to warn them to treat their sisters right.  The tall groom that finally told his new brother in law that he had cancer did some very bad acting.

Then last night the silliest person was the Asian woman standing in from of the guy she was getting ready to marry and saying a lot of crazy stuff.  When he touched her shoulders to assure her that he was a nice guy, she got angry about him touching her.

Back to the guy that had the bout with cancer earlier in his life.......the result of his cancer should have been shared with any woman he had intentions of marrying because if she wanted children, it would involve more than having sex.  From what I've heard IVF is a very involved procedure for the woman.....not him.  Well, I shouldn't say that since his sperm has to be gotten in a way that I know nothing about.

Those are the two couples that stand out but, yeah, there are a lot of them.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Oh, I had forgotten the thing about his cancer surgery causing that little problem.   I've never heard of that at all.  I wonder if he sued, since it was their mistake in damaging that.  Seems like he'd have a case.

Yeah, the one Asian lady from last night was somethig to watch!  It seems like she goes into being  very distant and weird, then she will try to be more decent to him, then back, etc etc.   She struck me as odd from the get-go.  I don't even find her attractive in any way and was worried that the husband wouldn't either.  Not that he seems to be any prize.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt , hahahaha, yeah she's weird.  With so many distrust issues, why would she want to get married to a stranger?  I also think no one should get a partner with three kids without being told.  The other couples get to discuss having kids while this man gets three with no warning.  Medical history and pre-existing kids should be known in advance.  Especially teenagers......we know how difficult they can be. 

Regarding the man with the after cancer issue....he might have been told that nerve damage is a possibility.  He's too young for it to have been prostate cancer with nerve damage which is common.  Sounds like with him it's a rare damage that still allows preformance but not the expected ending that can impregnate.  (Hope that made sense).

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I watched this for the first time.  OMG!  Talk about saying anything!

I worked with an Aussie and his best friend (a New Zealander) both military Air Force Wing Commanders (same as Lt Colonels).

I had a hard time understanding them.  There's something about accents that makes it difficult for me to understand.  It's me not them.

I think I'm going to go back and re-watch it.