Honored Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight ---- Australia

I much prefer the Australian version of Married at First Sight!  I like the way they do the show much better and it moves along much quicker.  It's more exciting for the most part, too.  I think though that if a person has a child or children that should be brought out before they make matches.  I see though that some of the matches seem rather bad, the same as on the American version.  From the previews for the next show, here's something I don't understand --- the woman they showed --- Lizzie --- she was on the last season and had dark hair and was supposedly happily paired --- can't remember his name.  She was also on the season before with the blonde hair and it was from what they said a bad pairing.  Why would she be on again this season  ---or was that just a mixup??? 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I much prefer the Australian version of Married at First Sight!  I like the way they do the show much better and it moves along much quicker.  It's more exciting for the most part, too.  I think though that if a person has a child or children that should be brought out before they make matches.  I see though that some of the matches seem rather bad, the same as on the American version.  From the previews for the next show, here's something I don't understand --- the woman they showed --- Lizzie --- she was on the last season and had dark hair and was supposedly happily paired --- can't remember his name.  She was also on the season before with the blonde hair and it was from what they said a bad pairing.  Why would she be on again this season  ---or was that just a mixup??? 

Yes!   I saw her in the preview for next episode and, since I don't retain well anymore, all I could think was that she was VERY familiar.   I don't recall her name, either.     I'm looking forward to seeing what that is all about.

Honored Contributor

Omg!  This is definitely more entertaining.

This guy (Sam) marrying Elisabeth reminds me of my late husband.  

When he died suddenly at 58 he had a body like Sam.  He looked a lot like a younger Kurt Russel with the square chin and a small chin dimple.  So...of course...I like these two.

I’m with some of you in that I can’t understand all they’re saying.  I worked every day with a Wing Commander from Australia, New Zealand and England.  You’d think I’d be better understanding....but no...

I can’t help thinking this match is wrong.

Here we go!

Honored Contributor

I still can't figure out which one Elizabeth is.  Was she the one, last season, who had been on the Australia show in a previous season?   IIRC, that was seemed to be happy and stayed w/the husband (I could be wrong).   I just cannot seem to place her precisely.

On last night's episode that I just watched, as to the other couple - OMG, that woman was HORRID!    I forgot her name.  I believe she said they had immigrated from Bosnia.  Husband had an eyebrow ring.  Now, granted, that rather skeeves me out too but I'd never be so rude as to say anything to the person.  I mean, you walk right up to a stranger and that's about the first thing you say?  She was rude and horrid.  She seemed to grow a heart a little later on so I guess we'll see who she ends up to be.

I hope this is it for the # of couples.  I have a feeling it's not.  Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

Is the bride with Sam the same bride from the last two seasons, this would be her third time or does she just look similar.  If it is her, when her hair was brown, she seemed happy with the groom so they stayed together.  The mother looked familiar too so I am thinking it is her.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt 

Lizzie or Elizabeth was on the last season that they aired.  She had long dark hair on that season and was much more toned down. She was paired with Seb, who was a very tall, light haired man, and they were very happy together.  When they are showing her in this season they are airing --- as a blonde and very loud --- this is what happened to her previously before she was matched with Seb.  I remember them discussing this on the last season aired and that Sam had left her very early on in the "marriage".  

I think the girl from Bosnia's name is Ines?  Not sure.  Yes, she is extremely rude and mean!  To say that to him --- the very first thing -- and to talk to him the way she did --- was inexcusable!  He showed a lot of restraint and grace.  I know she had a hard life as a child but no excuse to be so mean and nasty to this man that she does not know.  Give him a chance for goodness sake.  

Honored Contributor

@miata1 wrote:

Is the bride with Sam the same bride from the last two seasons, this would be her third time or does she just look similar.  If it is her, when her hair was brown, she seemed happy with the groom so they stayed together.  The mother looked familiar too so I am thinking it is her.

@miata1 

It is the same woman.  They are showing this out of order so it is very confusing.  She was paried with Sam in an early season and she had the blonde hair and was very loud and out there.  In the season that was aired last for us, she had dark hair and was much more toned down.  She was paired with Seb, the very tall, light haired man, and they were very happy.  I remember in this past season, the discussion that was had that Sam had left her very early on and they were hoping this try would be more successful!

Honored Contributor

Ohhhh!  So, the season they are airing here now is not a new one?  It's the one that they did in Australia the season before they brought it here last year?  Ok, now it's making more sense.   Thanks, Ladies!  Heart

Trusted Contributor

Yes, it makes sense now that it is the old show that should have been shown first.  Thank you all for the info. I hope she and Seb are happy together.

Honored Contributor

Well, we had the first dinner party.   They really blew through the honeymoons didn't they? 

There is this one blonde woman who reminds me of the characters in Twilight Zone's 'Eye of the Beholder'.   She doesn't seem very nice.

Then there's Ines.   YIKES!   Why would somebody like this want to be matched up with a stranger?   I wonder if she acted totally differently in the interviews.  He seems like a nice guy but it looks like that other woman has her eyes on him.  

I feel kind of bad for Elizabeth but I sure wish they had shown this season before they showed the next one, here.   I'm caught up, but still.  Initially that was so confusing.  Thanks to you here, I came to understand what happened.