Valued Contributor

Re: Looked up Bonnie Bedelia

@CatsyCline

Did someone say John Cusack? 

images.jpg

Valued Contributor

Oh, I remember Bonnie.  She was one of my faves on an antique soap opera "Love of Life." 

I originally thought it was the "Secret Storm" but the internet said Love of Life.

I can remember stuff like that from middle school but can't remember where I parked my car. 

Respected Contributor

Tippi Hedren

Melanie Griffith

Dakota Johnson

Grandmother, mother, daughter

Respected Contributor

I think her name was Bonnie Bedia.

Respected Contributor

Sorry I must be wrong.

Respected Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

I think her name was Bonnie Bedia.

No it is Bonnie Bedelia.  

Respected Contributor

Minnie Riperton singer of Lovin’ You)...mother of Maya Rudolph.  

Honored Contributor

I have to post this here. I've heard her name through the years, but really couldn't place her. Then last weekend I watched an episode of Bonanza called "Forever." It was in two parts, and the station showing it only showed the first part. I looked at programming for the week ahead but couldn't find the second part anywhere.  Of course I had to research it to find out what happens! 

She played a girl Joe courted and married. They seemed to have a perfect life, but she had a gambler brother with debts. Michael Landon wrote the story over a summer's hiatus for Dan Blocker. But then Dan Blocker died suddenly during that summer, so Michael took the lead role himself, adding a few vague references to Dan as "Hoss," with Ben (Lorne Greene) that indicated "Hoss" had passed away. 

The second part I only read about. I haven't seen it, but apparently it pushed the limits of TV violence at that time,

Spoiler
with scenes of rape and murder.

When Ben and Joe cry, they are really crying about the loss of Dan Blocker, and the suffering is real. You might know it doesn't end happily for Joe, but he does get some revenge.

Has anyone else seen this? Bonnie Bedelia was 26 when she filmed this episode. 

Honored Contributor

I have to post this here. I've heard her name through the years, but really couldn't place her. Then last weekend I watched an episode of Bonanza called "Forever." It was in two parts, and the station showing it only showed the first part. I looked at programming for the week ahead but couldn't find the second part anywhere.  Of course I had to research it to find out what happens! 

She played a girl Joe courted and married. They seemed to have a perfect life, but she had a gambler brother with debts. Michael Landon wrote the story over a summer's hiatus for Dan Blocker. But then Dan Blocker died suddenly during that summer, so Michael took the lead role himself, adding a few vague references to Dan as "Hoss," with Ben (Lorne Greene) that indicated "Hoss" had passed away. 

The second part I only read about. I haven't seen it, but apparently it pushed the limits of TV violence at that time,

Spoiler
with scenes of r ape and murder.

When Ben and Joe cry, they are really crying about the loss of Dan Blocker, and the suffering is real. You might know it doesn't end happily for Joe, but he does get some revenge.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

Spoiler
with scenes of r ape and murder.

I've seen the episodes.  

Spoiler
Spoiler
She dies when they burn the house down.

It's almost like a family curse.  All 3 of Ben's wives died.  Were his sons' wives all destined to die as well?

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN