Honored Contributor

Re: Looked up Bonnie Bedelia

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Wasn't she on a soap opera during the olden days?

@Group 5 minus 1yes, she was on "Love of Life", in the 60's.  Besides that, one of my first recollections of her was in the early 70's, in a movie called "Sandcastles" which also starred Herschel Bernardi and a very hunky Jan Michael-Vincent.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1yes, she was on "Love of Life", in the 60's.  Besides that, one of my first recollections of her was in the early 70's, in a movie called "Sandcastles" with also starred Herschel Bernardi and a very hunky Jan Michael-Vincent, 

Did JMV ever straighten out? I think he had a death wish. If I recall, he ended up in a wheel chair with emphysema - not sure. 

Valued Contributor

Bonnie Bedelia also played Harrison Ford’s wife (the killer!) in Presumed Innocent and most recently on TV as the matriarch on Parenthood. 

Here’s a family connection I had no idea about. Keith Carradine is Martha Plimpton’s father.

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1yes, she was on "Love of Life", in the 60's.  Besides that, one of my first recollections of her was in the early 70's, in a movie called "Sandcastles" with also starred Herschel Bernardi and a very hunky Jan Michael-Vincent, 

Did JMV ever straighten out? I think he had a death wish. If I recall, he ended up in a wheel chair with emphysema - not sure. 

Jan Michael Vincent was beyond gorgeous. I had such a crush on him as a young girl.  I've seen photos of him taken a few years ago....not good. I guess alcohol pretty much ruined his life,career and looks. Sad.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Regular Contributor

Jim Arness of Gunsmoke and Peter Graves of Mission Impossible were brothers.  They are both deceased.

In the sports world, Knicks basketball player Joakim Noah is the son of the former French tennis player Yannick Noah.

Honored Contributor

Hmm ....   well, Amy Schumer and Chuck Schumer are cousins ....