Honored Contributor
@cherry. It is a serious mystery, not a comedy although there are some funny lines in it that made me laugh. But yes, it is campy being in the style of old mystery films. As I say it isn't great but is fun.
Trusted Contributor

I want to see this.  Thanks for the "cliff notes"!Woman LOL

Valued Contributor

I saw the movie and was underwhelmed and forgot about it as soon as I left the theater!

Trusted Contributor

I thoroughly enjoyed it and recommended it to a couple of people who also saw it and liked it a lot. It is a very pleasant escape and just fun. But, yes, Daniel Craig as the country lawyer didn't work for me, with the accent.

Honored Contributor

I saw the movie and enjoyed 90% of it (could have done without political controversy as a smoldering theme in it).  But good, Agatha Christie style, fun movie.

Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ. I agree completely with your description.

I also want to remark how cool I thought that knife "wheel" was that Craig sat in front of. I didn't even notice that was composed of all knives until near the end of the film. Nice touch!

Super Contributor

@Jannygaz wrote:

I saw it over Thanksgiving and just loved it.  Lots of fun.  Good movie to see over the holidays 

I really loved KO. Maybe it suited my mood at the time. I also really appreciated the social comentary.

Seems like some didn't like DC in this, but I thought he did a great job - including with the accent. One thing I bet we will agree on: HERE COMES THE NEW BOND! Whoohoo! He really embodies that character.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor
@Mothertrucker. So did you see the film?
Respected Contributor

We saw it and LOVED it! Kept my ears open for the music and that was great as well- perfect, really for each scene..

So camp-y and fun, and I really thoguht Daniel Craig, with his country accent embodied the over the top Frenchaccent  of Hercule Poirot... well done, I felt-

I really need to see it again, thoguh, there is SO much sly humor in the house's "decor" -I could spend thewhole film just looking at that and all its kitschy craziness, every room was jam packed with it!  and so much tongue in cheek humor throughout the movie-

It certainly got to the heart of what "family" and "like family", really means, LOL!!!

Time well spent!