Trusted Contributor

I have to say that this was a really great movie ... lots of good songs, actors/actresses were someone I'd like to know & played their parts well, I did not know much/or anything about Washington Heights but I have to say I'd like to visit ... seems like a neighborhood that really cares about each other, seeing it on HBO Max was not movie theater quality butt prettty darn close.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@colleena wrote:

I have to say that this was a really great movie ... lots of good songs, actors/actresses were someone I'd like to know & played their parts well, I did not know much/or anything about Washington Heights but I have to say I'd like to visit ... seems like a neighborhood that really cares about each other, seeing it on HBO Max was not movie theater quality butt prettty darn close.

@colleena I loved it on Broadway and will watch the movie on HBO Max later tonight. Because right now I'm watching Oprahs' block party for the film! https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=151760437008826&ref=search

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the review.  This may be my first trip to the movie theater in a long while.  

Trusted Contributor

@DiAnne I envy you being able to see it a theater ... I'm in Washington State & our theater is still not open.  Enjoy.

Trusted Contributor

@Ibby114 Oprah's block parrty ... I did not know about this but will look for it, thanks.

Esteemed Contributor
Already have my ticket to the first show on Sunday.

I originally intended on just watching on HBO Max, but saw a preview for it when I went to see Cruella a couple of weeks ago. The Busby Berkeley’esque water sequence kind of sealed the deal for me to see in the theater.
Honored Contributor

@colleena wrote:

@DiAnne I envy you being able to see it a theater ... I'm in Washington State & our theater is still not open.  Enjoy.

@colleena 

I am in Washington State also but I am pretty sure the Cinemark Lincoln Square in Bellevue is open although there may be limitations.  

Trusted Contributor

@DiAnne I'm in Bellingham & we are doing pretty darn good but I can'tbeliebve that we are still having issues w/getttomg things I want to do not o n.  I watched In the Height through HBO Max at home as i did w/Cruella on Disney..  I love going to movies but this has been an interesting adventure in watching at home ... not quite the same.

Honored Contributor

Saw it today in a theater, first time back. Very enjoyable movie. The music, the dancing, the storyline. Wish I had been able to see the play.

The acting is very good too. Leslie Grace and Melissa Barrera are so talented and beautiful.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Honored Contributor

I just watched it, it was good, but I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I get HBO MAX, so to me it felt like a "freebie" I didn't pay extra for it, not like Disney+ who I feel is ripping customers off paying extra for new movie releases. I can't wait to see the new West Side Story movie.