Trusted Contributor

I have to say that this was a really great movie ... lots of good songs, actors/actresses were someone I'd like to know & played their parts well, I did not know much/or anything about Washington Heights but I have to say I'd like to visit ... seems like a neighborhood that really cares about each other, seeing it on HBO Max was not movie theater quality butt prettty darn close.

Esteemed Contributor

@colleena wrote:

I have to say that this was a really great movie ... lots of good songs, actors/actresses were someone I'd like to know & played their parts well, I did not know much/or anything about Washington Heights but I have to say I'd like to visit ... seems like a neighborhood that really cares about each other, seeing it on HBO Max was not movie theater quality butt prettty darn close.

@colleena I loved it on Broadway and will watch the movie on HBO Max later tonight. Because right now I'm watching Oprahs' block party for the film! https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=151760437008826&ref=search

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the review.  This may be my first trip to the movie theater in a long while.  

Trusted Contributor

@DiAnne I envy you being able to see it a theater ... I'm in Washington State & our theater is still not open.  Enjoy.

Trusted Contributor

@Ibby114 Oprah's block parrty ... I did not know about this but will look for it, thanks.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Already have my ticket to the first show on Sunday.

I originally intended on just watching on HBO Max, but saw a preview for it when I went to see Cruella a couple of weeks ago. The Busby Berkeley’esque water sequence kind of sealed the deal for me to see in the theater.
Honored Contributor

@colleena wrote:

@DiAnne I envy you being able to see it a theater ... I'm in Washington State & our theater is still not open.  Enjoy.

@colleena 

I am in Washington State also but I am pretty sure the Cinemark Lincoln Square in Bellevue is open although there may be limitations.  

Trusted Contributor

@DiAnne I'm in Bellingham & we are doing pretty darn good but I can'tbeliebve that we are still having issues w/getttomg things I want to do not o n.  I watched In the Height through HBO Max at home as i did w/Cruella on Disney..  I love going to movies but this has been an interesting adventure in watching at home ... not quite the same.

Honored Contributor

Saw it today in a theater, first time back. Very enjoyable movie. The music, the dancing, the storyline. Wish I had been able to see the play.

The acting is very good too. Leslie Grace and Melissa Barrera are so talented and beautiful.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

I just watched it, it was good, but I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I get HBO MAX, so to me it felt like a "freebie" I didn't pay extra for it, not like Disney+ who I feel is ripping customers off paying extra for new movie releases. I can't wait to see the new West Side Story movie.