Esteemed Contributor

I Have Attention Span of A Gnat Anymore..

in terms of TV shows.  I can't say interested in anything.

I like Queen Latifah, watched her Equalizer once and thought it was decent....haven't watched it since.

Gave up on all Chicago shows, Good Doctor, NCIS, Bull (more due to Weatherly being a jerk), Station 19 etc.

Nothing holds interest anymore.

Maybe it part of the Covid boredom.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Have Attention Span of A Gnat Anymore..

[ Edited ]

well every day we are all bombarded  with covid 19  info either on TV, radio, newspaper, magazines, these boards or just going out of the house to shop.

wish one of the channels had  rerun  some highly rated miniseries  in the last yr.

Honored Contributor

I like Queen Latifah too but couldn't get thru a whole Equalizer.

I can keep watching lts of great shows on Amazon-Bristish mysteries; some on Netflix-just finished In the dArkreally holds your interest.

Now just watching calming Murder She Wrote on Peacock-all free.

If you get streaming it's a whole new world. No more boredom from Network tv.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Me too @CrazyKittyLvr2.  Netflix takes my money every month but I rarely am interested enough to immerse myself in watching a movie.  I find I don't like the way current movies end or I find them unfulfilling.  Seems as though I do better with documentaries and the Smithsonian Channel. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'm finding that I either get annoyed or lose interest a lot more than ever.  I just figure it must be an age thing, but I really don't know.

The last few years I find that I have quit so many shows because I turn off completely in a hot second and I'm out.

It doesn't help that I don't retain much anymore, along with losing my formerly good memory.   I will tune into an episode of a show I've been watching and I literally have no recollection as to what happened in the episode last week.  Heck, I don't even remember what I ate for lunch yesterday.

It's annoying.   There are shows that I watched for years and all of a sudden I'm just out.   I also quit HTGAWM quite a while back.  In the second episode of The Walking Dead season 9 I suddenly just couldn't take any more and I quit.   It's like one minute I'm in and the next minute I'm out.

I also find I get annoyed on sitcoms.  This isn't anything new, as it's been going on since at least the 70s, but it seems like about every sitcom has one character who is a narcissistic, obnoxious, totally annoying character who just hacks me off every time I see them.  Then, the other characters always kowtow to these horribly annoying characters and that makes me even more angry.

But I really like to have numerous sitcoms in my repetoire because I really need to laugh sometimes.    I love them, except for that one major (IMO) flaw.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

I also find I get annoyed on sitcoms.  This isn't anything new, as it's been going on since at least the 70s, but it seems like about every sitcom has one character who is a narcissistic, obnoxious, totally annoying character who just hacks me off every time I see them.  Then, the other characters always kowtow to these horribly annoying characters and that makes me even more angry.

@chickenbutt I thought I was the only person in America who couldn't  stand some of these characters!  Barney Fife, Diane on Cheers, Sheldon from Big Bang Theory, Marie on Everybody Loves Raymond,  Karen on Will and Grace........all obnoxious, in my book LOL!

Honored Contributor

The last show I watched all the way through was Bridgerton.  I have cable, Amazon , and Netflix, and I usually end up reading. My DVR is full of shows that I haven't watched. I'm not sure why this is, age, the times, the shows ? 🤷‍♀️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I think there are a lot of gnats flying around. Smiley LOL  A 30 minute show is about all I can handle these days.

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I'm finding that I either get annoyed or lose interest a lot more than ever.  I just figure it must be an age thing, but I really don't know.

The last few years I find that I have quit so many shows because I turn off completely in a hot second and I'm out.

It doesn't help that I don't retain much anymore, along with losing my formerly good memory.   I will tune into an episode of a show I've been watching and I literally have no recollection as to what happened in the episode last week.  Heck, I don't even remember what I ate for lunch yesterday.

@chickenbutt I thought I was the only person in America who couldn't  stand some of these characters!  Barney Fife, Diane on Cheers, Sheldon from Big Bang Theory, Marie on Everybody Loves Raymond,  Karen on Will and Grace........all obnoxious, in my book LOL!

Yes!  Except I do like Karen.  Smiley Happy    The first time I watched TBBT it seemed to elude my attention but I've been watching it more and more in reruns and I have literally grown to HATE Sheldon Cooper.

I watch the reruns of 'Reba' on the HM channel early mornings and have gone through the entire series.    The Barbra Jean character makes me want to scream.

Yeah, Marie on Raymond was so awful too.  I see a lot of the mother or MIL characters who are just dreadful.  My memory isn't serving me well in this moment but I know there are a whole slew of them I cannot stand.  

Honored Contributor

TV acts like a sleeping pill for me...

♥Surface of the Sun♥