Super Contributor

Re: I Have Attention Span of A Gnat Anymore..

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

in terms of TV shows.  I can't say interested in anything.

I like Queen Latifah, watched her Equalizer once and thought it was decent....haven't watched it since.

Gave up on all Chicago shows, Good Doctor, NCIS, Bull (more due to Weatherly being a jerk), Station 19 etc.

Nothing holds interest anymore.

Maybe it part of the Covid boredom.

I totally agree with you about Weatherly- I could not stand him on NCIS, and he just got worse and worse on Bull. I do like Queen Latifa's  show The Equalizer; I enoyed the old Equalizer show years ago when the British guy was on it! 

If you have not watched FBI and FBI: Most Wanted that are on Tuesday evenings, try those shows. I find them and the characters very interesting. I also love Blue Bloods on Friday nights. I hope it will continue to be renewed!

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Maybe we need some bright and funny 1/2 hour shows like in the old days but current, not dated like Mary Tyler Moore, Cheers, Taxi, the Newhart Show and Newhart (2 separate shows).  Not all will be everyone's cup of tea but a short and quality show would be welcomed for us gnats lol.

Esteemed Contributor

I had stopped recording the 2 FBI shows awhile ago.  Last week there was nothing on so I recorded both shows but haven't watched them yet.

I loved Jeremy Sisto and Alana De La Garza on Law and Order and it is nice to see them on the same show.  I don't care for the lead actress though.

DH and I started watching Blue Bloods years ago but I stopped.  I can't do a whole family of people where everyone thinks they are always right, it's their way or else, Danny yelling all the time.  They killed off the only character I could tolerate, Linda.

Esteemed Contributor

I am really enjoying the responses in this thread, and am relieved to know I am not sinking in this boat of television doldrums alone!😊

Programming standards have changed, and the endless sea of channels now available is sometimes overwhelming for me. I have discovered a few dramas I favor, but more often than not, the TV is just "company" while doing chores; except The Q.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I'm finding that I either get annoyed or lose interest a lot more than ever.  I just figure it must be an age thing, but I really don't know.

The last few years I find that I have quit so many shows because I turn off completely in a hot second and I'm out.

It doesn't help that I don't retain much anymore, along with losing my formerly good memory.   I will tune into an episode of a show I've been watching and I literally have no recollection as to what happened in the episode last week.  Heck, I don't even remember what I ate for lunch yesterday.

It's annoying.   There are shows that I watched for years and all of a sudden I'm just out.   I also quit HTGAWM quite a while back.  In the second episode of The Walking Dead season 9 I suddenly just couldn't take any more and I quit.   It's like one minute I'm in and the next minute I'm out.

I also find I get annoyed on sitcoms.  This isn't anything new, as it's been going on since at least the 70s, but it seems like about every sitcom has one character who is a narcissistic, obnoxious, totally annoying character who just hacks me off every time I see them.  Then, the other characters always kowtow to these horribly annoying characters and that makes me even more angry.

But I really like to have numerous sitcoms in my repertoire because I really need to laugh sometimes.    I love them, except for that one major (IMO) flaw.  

@CrazyKittyLvr2    Too bad they can resurrect The Golden Girls with the original cast.  Now that was a funny sitcom I really enjoyed.  Still love the reruns. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I go to great lengths to NOT watch any local news... I only watch one channel and even that for a few hours.

My friend I eat with several times a week watches the local news so she tells me when I ask a question...the answer.

So much is upsetting and I’ve decided I’ve done my best working with others in my community to try to make a difference.

Recently, I received an email from my representative in the area where I live.  She asked me if she can count on me.

I told her I’ve decided to step back and let others step up.  I’m 74 years old, I’m tired of working within the system; and see it going in ‘baby steps’.

She said she understood....but could she call on me if she really HAD to?  I said, “Sure”.

I believe life is what you make it.

Honored Contributor

I find that a good book or a New York Times crossword can keep my interest.

Esteemed Contributor

me too!  I blame my job.  They want phone calls under 4 minutes. 50 claims (at least) per hour.  Sometimes doing both at the same time. 

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey  "They want phone calls under 4 minutes."

Your comment reminded me of this pizza commercial......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB8fBZ02Woo

Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Mary Bailey  "They want phone calls under 4 minutes."

Your comment reminded me of this pizza commercial......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB8fBZ02Woo

Smiley LOL

@Mz iMac 

LOL!!!  me too!   but if we ever hung up on anyone it would be BIG trouble (write up)

btw  I don't care how long my calls take      I just want to be accurate with the caller.   I have told my supervisor that   I don't care about the time   I'm doing it right not necessarily fast!