Respected Contributor

Re: Have you ever walked out of a movie?

I remember walking out of 2 when I was in high school.  One was the gangster movie "Scarface."  (Our local theater only had 2 movies playing!)  I could have stayed until the end but I was with a group of girls who wanted to leave and just ride around.  The other was some trashy teen comedy about a guy that died and then hung around a locker room and it was just so nasty to us that we walked out!

Honored Contributor

Years and years ago.

Valued Contributor

Natural Born Killers: It brought on a wave of nausea that actually sent me dashing for the ladies room. Then I went to sit in the lobby. My date found me and we left. 

The Amityville Horror was one I should have walked out of because it also made me so queasy I couldn't go out for dinner afterward. 

More recently, after a few years of not visiting a movie theater, I went to see Halloween (2018) with my BFF. We had seen all the previous Halloweens together. I had to walk out not because of the movie itself, but because the sound was overwhelming, hurting my ears and head. Also it was freezing and the seat wasn't comfortable. We left withing 15 minutes and stopped off at Costco where I bought a large screen TV for my bedroom. All my movie watching since has been at home in total comfort, where I don't need to walk out, just pick up the remote.