Esteemed Contributor

Re: Happy 60th birthday Tom Cruise

He has always had great charisma on the screen. My favorite performances of his are Collateral and Born on the 4th of July. I have no trouble separating an actors performance, talent, and skills from their personal life. I can fully appreciate movies with Tom Cruise, Mel Gibson, and even Woody Allen. Hard to believe Tom Cruise is 60. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

For me he showed his true talent in Born on the 4th of July, he gave an amazing performance. Second best was in Rainman. 

@Shelbelle 

We ❤️ Rainman!  Every evening at 5:55 pm my husband says, "5 minutes to Wopner!".  Key for "the local news is coming on in 5 minutes".

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

Agreed.  I enjoy Tom on-screen, but off-screen, I turn & run.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I'm another one who's been a fan since I saw him in Risky Business back in the 80s. 

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

He has always had great charisma on the screen. My favorite performances of his are Collateral and Born on the 4th of July. I have no trouble separating an actors performance, talent, and skills from their personal life. I can fully appreciate movies with Tom Cruise, Mel Gibson, and even Woody Allen. Hard to believe Tom Cruise is 60. 

Collateral is one of my favorite movies and I don't usually like that genre of movie.  But he and Jamie Foxx were great in it.

Honored Contributor

Wishing You A Happy 60th Birthday! Animated GIF Image.

Honored Contributor

He is an interesting character.,,the choices he has made in life, one wonders why.  As an actor,  he has made some amazing and wonderful films.

Honored Contributor

I keep picturing him jumping on Oprah's couch!! 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle   Me too...an image one can't unwatch.  And look how that turned out for him!

Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

I'm another one who's been a fan since I saw him in Risky Business back in the 80s. 

proxy-image.gifgiphy.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif