Honored Contributor

I recorded last night's episode. While watching this a.m. I fast forwarded and when Mattea started doing her T-rex arm flapping at ff speed, it was too funny!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Got Some Jeopardy Laughs!

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I recorded last night's episode. While watching this a.m. I fast forwarded and when Mattea started doing her T-rex arm flapping at ff speed, it was too funny!

@Love my grandkids - I recorded last night also, because of the NFL draft.  I haven't seen it yet, but I'm sure I will laugh when I see her at ff speed!!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids    She's a funny character, for sure.  It surprises me that after weeks of appearing, she hasn't changed at all.  She's obviously a very disciplined person to have accumulated such a wide variety of knowledge;  and she also has physical discipline -  one of the reasons for her longevity is the speed at which she controls the buzzer.

I'd be using some of that discipline to erase the unnecessary flapping -  although I suspect it's a subconscious way to erase some part of her response she didn't like.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops I have to disagree. She was funny the first few days and then, for me, it got old. I'm tired of her comments about why she wagered what she did, making comments after her "turn" and while another player is ringing it. It's just rude. And she's 23 and needs to stop acting like a teenager.

Respected Contributor

See the source image

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

At the time of filming, they should have told her to stop with the attention-getting movements and comments. Don't care for the nose ring either. 

Honored Contributor

@DaisySunflower There have been LOTS of players with nose rings so why make her change?

In the past I recall Alex telling someone nicely not to "editorialize" his wagers, just stick to the game.

I've seen a LOT worse on that show. 

Trusted Contributor

I love Mattea and hope that she maintains her individuality.  She is intelligent, self-deprecating, and excited about the whole experience.  She is not an automaton and I can respect that. I love her!  I am impressed with her knowlege about US geography, history, culture, etc. along with her wealth of information about literature, world geography, science, and so on.

Her personal story is not unlike that of many families: parents have middle-class jobs, Mattea is the oldest child with several younger siblings, and her family values knowledge and encourages lifelong learning.  Mattea did not want her parents to pay for her university education with several siblings soon needing support.  She paid for her last two years and gave her parents a reprieve.  I am rooting heartily for her, her hand gestures, her body piercings, and wardrobe, and her musings.  BTW, she is repearting prayers, Hail Marys, in many of the shows.

Esteemed Contributor

@Zernia Rose 

@Zernia Rose wrote:

I love Mattea and hope that she maintains her individuality.  She is intelligent, self-deprecating, and excited about the whole experience.  She is not an automaton and I can respect that. I love her!  I am impressed with her knowlege about US geography, history, culture, etc. along with her wealth of information about literature, world geography, science, and so on.

Her personal story is not unlike that of many families: parents have middle-class jobs, Mattea is the oldest child with several younger siblings, and her family values knowledge and encourages lifelong learning.  Mattea did not want her parents to pay for her university education with several siblings soon needing support.  She paid for her last two years and gave her parents a reprieve.  I am rooting heartily for her, her hand gestures, her body piercings, and wardrobe, and her musings.  BTW, she is repearting prayers, Hail Marys, in many of the shows.

ITA.  No comment on the last contestant in a negative way. No dared.  To each their own. Everyone has their own way.

Respected Contributor

Mattea is bright, articulate and personable.   She is the youngest Jeopardy super champ and is approaching $500K in winnings.  She will walk away with a lot of money and a bright future ahead.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion but if you find her so difficult to watch, do yourself a favor, turn off the TV and find something constructive to do.

Why put youself through having to watch her and then come here to start negative threads?

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF