Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital šŸ„ May 2024 - Spoilers Included

So it was Kristin herself making her look so bad for so long.  She wasn't comfortable in fashionable clothes and does her own make-up.  I am glad she is feeling better mentally.  It really shows in her physical appearance.  Lately she looks really put together. 

Respected Contributor

Writers, puh-lease enough with this "get Sonny" s/l. Now Dante is "conflicted".  Who's next? Olivia? Lois? Maybe Diane will do a fipperoo as his attorney?  And enter Natalya.  Oh, and so now there's a son (Blaze's brother) who is an excellent guitarist?  Why not just have the whole lot of Blaze's family come on over to Port Charles?  

Can y'all just get back to the S/L's already in progress and wrap them up before adding new ones with even more characters...please.

Respected Contributor

Just hurry up already and tell us Natalia is related to Sonny's ex, and she is the "HER" from Austin's podunk town. 

Honored Contributor

While we are passing out bipolar meds, please add Heather to the list. Another character completely out of character, not even HM can pull this off it's so ridiculous. 

And excuse me, new GH writers, Steven Lars was sentenced to two years in jail about a decade ago in Memphis and nice job ripping off Y&R's Chancellor Park. If you actually read the history of this show, you'd know the waterfront was developed with a hospital clinic three decades ago before I think it blew up. Just throwing it out there...

It was nice to see Nina and Valentin together again. Can we please drop kick the Drew mudpile and pick that up again? 

And how cheap can we get not even redecorating Sasha's apartment for Anna? Is Disney that strapped for cash? Scrooge McDuck must have disallowed the ABC set budget request. 

Esteemed Contributor

In what universe do we need another Blaze family member????  Blaze is not a major or essential character.   The mother is bad enough, we don't need the brother!

@Laura14 , I agree.  Anna moves into Sasha's old apartment and it's exactly the same decor.   Poor Disney must be strapped for cash.  The set could have and should have been revamped.

Why is Drew still here?????  Seriously,  what purpose does he have???  As for Nina......the character should have dropped when MS left.

When do they plan to reveal Pikeman and get Sonny back to being Sonny????

Do we have any idea when the wedding will air??

Honored Contributor

Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Carly barreled into the coffee warehouse to tell Jason that Sonny was in trouble. She relayed the story of visiting Sonny, having an altercation with Ava, and then wondering if Sonny was taking his meds. She thought Sonny was acting irrationally, and Jason agreed.

Jason also wondered if Sonny was off his meds. Carly told him that Sonny insisted that just because they disagreed, it didn't mean he wasn't following his doctor-prescribed regimen. Carly admitted he had a point. However, Jason thought Sonny's handling of the situations with Cyrus and Dex was proof he wasn't thinking clearly.

Jason suggested that someone Sonny trusted should convince Sonny to have a blood draw. Carly believed the only person Sonny seemed to trust at that moment was Ava. Carly thought that was crazy because of how Ava had switched Morgan's medication for placebos. Jason wondered if Ava was doing that with Sonny, but Carly didn't know what Ava's motive would be. Jason then wondered if Sonny's dosage needed to be recalibrated.

Finally, Carly thought Stella could get through to Sonny, but Carly knew Stella would have to witness Sonny's behavior firsthand. Just then, John Cates walked in to ask Jason some questions. Carly tried calling Diane right away so Jason would have a lawyer, but Jason just asked her to leave.

Carly didn't go far. As soon as she heard John speak, she began to eavesdrop and heard John tell Jason that they needed to talk about Pikeman. She also heard John mention Sonny's arrest the previous fall. Jason told John that Sonny hadn't spoken to him about Pikeman, but John stressed that there was evidence of an ongoing association between Sonny and Pikeman, something that intrigued Carly.

Later, Sonny walked through the park as the new PCPD recruits ran by.

Anna was surprised when Dex and other trainees entered her new apartment with her storage boxes. They even brought them up the stairs as part of their physical academy training. Felicia dropped by next. She was surprised to hear that Charlotte was back in boarding school, and she wondered if Anna had been talking to Valentin. Anna replied that they had talked over the drinks the other night. Just then, a delivery man arrived with flowers from Valentin.

Felicia was not happy to learn that Anna had agreed to have dinner with her ex. Anna admitted she missed Valentin, but she also didn't exactly think he was trustworthy. Felicia knew Valentin loved her, so she couldn't get too upset. Anna said that they really did love one another, but that wasn't enough. "I can't spend my life with someone I don't trust, but Valentin understands me in a way that few men do."

Felicia reminded Anna that the tragedy of Charlotte's shooting would always come between them and asked, "Do you really think this dinner is a good idea?" Anna said it was just dinner and hoped she could get some closure from it.

As Nina and Valentin enjoyed a meal at Metro Court, Sonny got off the elevator. Nina couldn't help but stare, but Sonny ignored her and walked away. Valentin wondered if Nina was okay. She said, "I'm fine. I'm not sure Sonny is, though."

Nina also couldn't help but notice Willow and told Valentin how her daughter had said she might be able to let bad feelings go after seeing Drew being friendly to her. Valentin was still worried that Drew was poisoning Willow against Nina, but Nina smiled and said he certainly was not.

Valentin then asked how things were going, since she was working with Drew after reporting him to the SEC. Nina thought it was all working out fine and apologized to Valentin for leaving the Invader for Crimsonafter he'd bought the paper for her. Valentin just shrugged it off. He said he had to deal with Alexis' complaints, but that was fine. He added that at least Invader circulation was up. As Valentin questioned Nina about Drew some more, she called Drew arrogant but admitted he was a savvy businessman.

Drew and Willow met up at the Metro Court bar so she could tell him that she accepted his spokesperson job offer. Drew was thrilled but made sure that Willow didn't feel pressure to say yes just because he had risked his life in Greenland to rescue Liesl the year before.

Willow asked Drew not to try talking her out of her decision. She wasn't taking the job out of obligation; she just wanted to be a part of the project. Drew was then surprised to learn that Willow was leaving her hospital job, but she insisted she was doing it to spend more time with her kids.

Across the dining room, Nina told Valentin that their relationship was a quid pro quo one. When Valentin asked if she was getting what she wanted out of it, Nina felt there was only one way to find out. To that end, she approached Drew and Willow at the bar and asked to run something past Drew about Crimson. Willow then decided Nina should be the first to know that she had accepted the spokesperson position.

When Drew suggested that Crimson do a story on the New Tomorrow Institute and Willow, both Nina and Willow thought it was a great idea. Nina was so happy, she couldn't wait to tell Valentin. "I'd put up with Drew forever if he gives me access to my daughter," she said.

Sonny sat down with Jordan, and the topic immediately turned to Molly, T.J., and Kristina. Sonny was happy to report that Kristina was enjoying the pregnancy. Sonny then got right to the point -- he wanted to make a donation to the city of Port Charles. Sonny could tell that Jordan didn't want to accept the money, but Sonny insisted anything he gave the city came from a legitimate enterprise.

Jordan wanted to know why Drew had gone to her. Sonny said she was the deputy mayor -- plus they had children who were having a baby together. Sonny insisted that with Jordan in charge, he knew his money would go where it was needed the most. He also wanted to help the community because Port Charles was his home.

Drew soon approached Sonny and Jordan's table to talk to Jordan, but Sonny gave him some bad news. He wasn't going to sell the boxing gym, after all. After Sonny left, Drew asked to speak to Jordan about the project on the pier. Jordan was excited to hear about the federal money he had requested from Nina's congressman friend.

Laura arrived at Pentonville for a visit with Heather, who was in a wheelchair due to her hip surgery. Laura was kind as she asked how Heather was feeling, and Heather had a good report. She admitted she wouldn't hate prison as much as she did if she could just see Ace. Laura gave Heather an update on the toddler as the two grandmothers chatted like they were old pals.

Heather loved all the stories and was touched that Laura was even willing to share happy tales with her. Heather was especially touched when Laura handed her a photo of Ace. Heather saw Esme in him, and Laura agreed. Heather was jealous that Laura had gotten to know Esme better than she had.

Eventually, Heather explained that while she had truly believed getting revenge on people who had hurt Esme was the right thing to do at the time, she could no longer remember why she had thought that killing all those people would help Esme. She knew what she had done was a terrible thing. The people she had killed had all had people who loved them.

Heather wondered how she could ever have thought killing people was the right thing. Laura chalked it up to cobalt poisoning. "You were inside the illness at that time, so at that time, it made sense to you," Laura reasoned. Laura explained that Heather was starting to see things more clearly. Heather pointed out that she had done horrible things before the ski accident that had led to her hip replacement.

Heather said she had given up her kids to give them a better life but had later become unhealthily obsessed with them. She wondered if she would have been a good mother had she not had cobalt poisoning. Heather expressed many regrets about her years in prisons and mental institutions. Laura remained sympathetic. Heather shared her belief that the guilt she felt was all part of the punishment for her actions. Laura was pleased that Heather was taking responsibility for her crimes.

On the next General Hospital...

Logo

ā€¢ Jason makes a confession to Anna.

ā€¢ Carly pays a visit to Brennan.

ā€¢ Dante has bad news for Sam.

ā€¢ Brook Lynn and Chase meet before the big wedding.

Honored Contributor

@grandma r Only that the wedding is sometime this month. I would have rathered our Nurses Ball. I could care less about Chase and Brookie. 

You would think with all the singing, they would have jumped at our annual hospital event. šŸ˜•

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@grandma r Only that the wedding is sometime this month. I would have rathered our Nurses Ball. I could care less about Chase and Brookie. 

You would think with all the singing, they would have jumped at our annual hospital event. šŸ˜•

I, too, am less interested in "the wedding" at this point.  When Gregory asked BLQ to please move the date up (asap) due to his ALS progression, indicated to me "sooner rather than later" meant in the next few weeks........not months! :womanfrustrated:

Respected Contributor

Sonny and his money:  Now he goes to Jordan and wants to make a "substantial" contribution to the city.  Didn't he already do something like that with funding the Corinthos-Davis Foundation that Kristina is heading up?  Seems like that is on hold since you can't run a foundation while being pregnant....Buh-Ha!

Sonny, why don't you get with Drew and add some "significant" contribution to help fund either Willow's venture (forgot the name) and/or Drew's venture for revitalizing the PC waterfront that was pitched to the Congressman. 

Writers, allow me to supply y'all with a needle and thread so that you may sew up all the lose ends on this show.

Esteemed Contributor

As I listened to the conversation between Heather and Laura, I became more and more disgusted. I remember SOME of the things Heather did as a young woman, but I decided to do a search of her character through the years to refresh my memory. She killed her first person when Steven Lars was a baby adopted to a woman named Diana after Heather lied that Steven had died, then changed her mind. Her entire life was one of violence and crimes. Do not try to tell me she had a hip replacement in her 20's. Now the writers are trying to portray her as only a recent criminal due to this poisoning as a result of the hip surgery. This just makes me furious. Have the writers considered that we long time viewers actually HAVE memories. Heather's trouble with the law and with mental institutions reads like a mafia rap sheet. You can google it and find out everything you may have forgotten over the years.