Frequent Contributor

MAGNUM  AND B POSITIVE CANCELLED AS OF 5/12.

Esteemed Contributor

So disappointed about Magnum.  They way it ended with Magnum and Higgins confessing their feelings for each other was a hint it may not be renewed.   I enjoyed it and will miss it.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not surprised about B Positive. Once he got the kidney operation there was no place for the writers to go. IMO the characters never had much chemistry from the start. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

I'm so bummed that Magnum was cancelled. CBS has so many other dramas that are tired, not nearly as good as Magnum PI. I understand I must've been a business decision, but that was one of the best shows on TV.

Honored Contributor

@forego 

Last week TV Guide published an updated list of shows for all the networks. 

Here it is:

5/22 TV GUIDE - NEW SHOW CANCELLATIONS - Blogs & Forums (qvc.com)

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I'm so bummed that Magnum was cancelled. CBS has so many other dramas that are tired, not nearly as good as Magnum PI. I understand I must've been a business decision, but that was one of the best shows on TV.

@Effie54   ITA. Not to mention the beautiful scenery and I actually liked most of the characters on the show which doesn't happen much lately. They were a great ensemble cast and seemed to mesh well which also doesn't happen much.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@Effie54 - I just read that Universal and CBS couldn't come to an agreement on the licensing fee.  All about the money.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Effie54   ITA. Not to mention the beautiful scenery and I actually liked most of the characters on the show which doesn't happen much lately. They were a great ensemble cast and seemed to mesh well which also doesn't happen much.

@Tique - I agree about the cast and beautiful scenery.  At least when Hawaii Five O was cancelled, we could still see beautiful Hawaii on Magnum.

Honored Contributor

I never watched the old or new Magnum but I thoroughly enjoyed B Positive and have always been a fan of Hector Elizando. I can watch old episodes on Paramount.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: CANCELED SHOWS 5/12

[ Edited ]

Magnum was the highest rated cancelled show with 7.4 million viewers. I will really miss this show. When they ended the season, it actually looked like they ended the show. Rick's girlfriend had her baby and Magnum and Higgins confessed their feelings. So sad to no longer see this show.

Good Sam and How We Roll were cancelled. This is their first season. No surprise with Good Sam.

Also, Detective Gordon was placed on suspension without pay. That was another red flag. I just read the show was cancelled because of the license fees but  they have other pilot series in the works. So it was two fold. They are Fire County, East New York and So Help Me Todd.