Honored Contributor

TOP CHEF HOUSTON 2022 SEASON 19

hello everyone.......TOP CHEF IS BACK!

it is my favorite show on BRAVO TV.

this season they are in houston.

the show begins tonight, thursday, march 3rd at 8pm et.

it is a supersized episode also.

regular top chef will be followed by TOP CHEF FAMILY STYLE.

What To Expect This Season On Bravo's <em> Top Chef </em> Houston | Houstonia (houstoniamag.com)

who will be watching this season?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: TOP CHEF HOUSTON 2022 SEASON 19

S19 - E1

Primal Instincts

Fifteen of the country’s best chefs arrive in Houston, Texas, ready to fight for the title of “Top Chef.” The opening Quickfire proves to be the toughest first challenge to date when the chefs must team up to create a cohesive dish that showcases each of their styles, but cannot speak to each other during the cook. The stakes only get higher for the Elimination Challenge as the chefs must perfectly cook primal cuts of beef for a table of distinguished Houston chefs including, Robert Del Grande of The Annie Café as well as Top Chef alums Dawn Burrell and Kristen Kish.

Aired: 03/03/2022
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Top Chef Family Style is a reality television series and a spin-off of Bravo's Top Chef series. The show features young chefs teaming up with adult family members to compete in culinary challenges for a $100000 prize. The series was ordered in May 2021 by streaming service Peacock and will be shown on Bravo beginning March 3rd 2022. It is hosted by Meghan Trainor with Chef Marcus Samuelsson serving as head judge.

Top Chef Family Style features 13 pairs of contestants, referred to as "duos".The cast includes the youngest and oldest competitors to appear in the Top Chef franchise. The first episode features the duos elevating a family recipe into a five star dish. (season 1, episode 1 WELCOME TO THE FAMILY.)

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 I am excited for the new season. I won't be able to watch until tomorrow night. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I DVRed it as always.  I watched the last 2 episodes of last years last night before the premeire since for the first time I didn't watch many episodes last season.  I just didn't like the chefs in the beginning! 

Hoping for a better season this year and better judges at the tables.  Tired of the same ones like Brooke Williamson, Melissa King, Nina (?), and some others who are repetitive and really don't like.  JMO.  I'm sure they are well suited to judge though. 

I watched TC Family last year and won't be watching it this year. 

Respected Contributor

I TOTALLY FORGOT IT WAS STARTING LAST NIGHT...  I am so frustrated that I missed it.   Maybe they'll show this week's show next week before the new one.  They used to do that.    DARN.

Honored Contributor

i thought that that was a TOUGH first challenge!

i already have some favorites, just have to learn their names. Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

I did not even recognize Sam Talbot from season 2. He looked so different from his season. 

Brooke Williamson is still annoying. I wish they would have a season without her on it. 

The winner's dish looked so good. I also think the right person went home. She was so adament about making the rice and then it was broken. I do not think she has the skills as many of the other chefs. 

I thought it was a pretty good episode. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lenapecci wrote:

I did not even recognize Sam Talbot from season 2. He looked so different from his season. 

Brooke Williamson is still annoying. I wish they would have a season without her on it. 

The winner's dish looked so good. I also think the right person went home. She was so adament about making the rice and then it was broken. I do not think she has the skills as many of the other chefs. 

I thought it was a pretty good episode. 

@lenapecci 

I said the same thing about Sam!  I kept saying to myself that can't be him. He looks rough and not like the same person.

Brooke is on TC too much and never liked her.  She seems to be the sweetheart of TC.

I wasn't a big fan of Stephanie so glad she's gone. 

Honored Contributor

The chefs meet Brooke Williamson at Houston's J-Bar-M, where she tasks them with putting their own spin on a brisket dish for some of the best BBQ pitmasters in Houston and their guest judge, pitmaster Greg Gatlin.

Air date: March 31, 2022, 8pm et