Honored Contributor

@lulu1 Nobody messes with Carson! Heart

Respected Contributor

I really want to like this show but (for me) it's not easy.  The storylines are so predictable.  The characters are just blah. There are just 2 more episodes to wrap it up.

I loved Downton Abbey from the moment the music began.  This is no Downton Abbey.

Honored Contributor

Totally agree with you @lulu1 I just watched this week's episode and I'm not into it, but I also want to ensure I watch all six episodes, so two more to go!

Respected Contributor

@lulu1 

I agree.  We watched the first two episodes and called it quits.  Just didn't care about any of the characters and not much of the story line. Next!

Honored Contributor

Anyone still watching?

Episode 3

Lady Brockenhurst's introduction of Charles Pope to society raises the interest of Lady Brockenhurst's brother-in-law, Reverend Stephen Bellasis, who has gambling debts of £1000 which his brother, the Earl, refuses to pay.

Lady Maria Grey also takes an interest, as does her betrothed John Bellasis, Stephen's son, who begins an affair with the childless Susan Trenchard, which she relies on her maid Speer to keep secret.

Susan's husband Oliver is also curious to know why his father, James Trenchard, has invested in Charles's company. John Bellasis decides to enlist the aid of the Trenchards' servants Ellis and Tuton to uncover the family secrets.

Episode 4

Lady Maria Grey joins Lady Brockenhurst on her visit to the offices of Charles Pope. Anne Trenchard asks to accompany them. John Bellasis finds out about the visit from the Trenchards' servants and turns up unannounced.

Still unable to find a connection, Bellasis asks his lover Susan to accompany her husband Oliver and his parents to their country house to glean more information. Lady Maria sees Charles Pope secretly and they realise they have mutual feelings.

Reverend Bellasis is given money by his brother towards his gambling debts, while John Bellasis, needing money to pay his spies, steals the last of the family silver his mother had hidden. Lady Templemore pressures her daughter, Lady Maria, to marry John and is shocked to find she does not wish to.

Childless Susan Trenchard is shocked to find she is pregnant.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler   Thank you for the synopsis.  I was able to see the first two episodes with free Epix, but I no longer have access.  I enjoyed the show and like knowing what is happening.  When the libraries re-open, I plan on getting the book.

Respected Contributor

I don't like any of the characters.

Honored Contributor

@Travone Interesting comment and I agree, because I actually thought I would like it better if I read the book instead of watching it on TV. That way I would "picture" the people and how they look, and probably wouldn't be quite as messed up on who is who! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I tried with this and baled

Honored Contributor

I'm enjoying it, but there aren't many likable characters.  

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan