Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 Hmmmm.....I never thought about it that way. You are right.....aren't many likable characters. In fact, I can't think of any of them with whom I would care to spend time. ha!

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@QVCkitty1 Hmmmm.....I never thought about it that way. I am also enjoying it, but come to think of it, you are right.....aren't many likable characters. In fact, I can't think of any of them with whom I would care to spend time. ha!

@World Traveler , I know, with a show like Downton Abbey, there were so many characters to root for, this show not so much.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Finally we are coming to the end of one of the worst series I've stuck with. Please let the baddies get their "just rewards."

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 I know! I know! I'm thinking the same thing. And why am I sticking with one of the worst series ever? Just thinking that maybe it will make an 180-degree turnaround and WOW! us. Who would have thought that Julian would be a part of this. It could have really been much better. I believe he consults on his book-to-movie/TV creations.

My thought is......are the six episodes a way to see if it is popular enough to make it a yearly series? I would love to see what the ratings were on the first night (high due to Julian), and how it is now. Bet people have dropped off each week.

Up until last night I thought Charles Pope was the only redeemable person on the program; definitely not any of the servants. But there appears to be questions about him. 

The best way to end these six episodes is for Carson to show up and save the day next week!

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@lulu1 I know! I know! I'm thinking the same thing. And why am I sticking with one of the worst series ever? Just thinking that maybe it will make an 180-degree turnaround and WOW! us. Who would have thought that Julian would be a part of this. It could have really been much better. I believe he consults on his book-to-movie/TV creations.

My thought is......are the six episodes a way to see if it is popular enough to make it a yearly series? I would love to see what the ratings were on the first night (high due to Julian), and how it is now. Bet people have dropped off each week.

Up until last night I thought Charles Pope was the only redeemable person on the program; definitely not any of the servants. But there appears to be questions about him. 

The best way to end these six episodes is for Carson to show up and save the day next week!

@World Traveler , Carson and The Dowager Countess !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

O'Brien and Barrow look like saints compared to the staffs in this disaster of a series.

The only characters I (semi) like are the Countess of Brockenhurst.  I think Charles Pope will come out squeaky clean.

Honored Contributor

How about Anne Trenchard, she didn't have to tell  Lady Brockenhurst the truth about Charles. 

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

How about Anne Trenchard, she didn't have to tell  Lady Brockenhurst the truth about Charles. 

I like her dog.

Honored Contributor

Well, having finished the six-part series, I can honestly say that I am not sorry it is over. There was no depth to the storyline, as I viewed it. Am interested in what the ratings were, as I bet the ratings went down each week, losing viewers.

Here is what happened during the last two episodes, if anyone cares. Smiley Happy

Episode 5

John Bellasis discovers from Turton that James Trenchard had been in contact with Charles Pope's foster parents for years. Lady Maria Grey informs Lady Brockenhurst and Anne Trenchard she will not be marrying John Bellasis despite her mother's announcement in The Times newspaper.

Oliver Trenchard travels to Pope's cotton mill in Manchester and is told Pope obtained the mill by underhanded means and has been cheating Customs and Excise. Charles does not deny the allegation when confronted by James Trenchard, who decides to travel north to investigate for himself.

Following these accusations, Lady Brockenhurst resolves to reveal Charles's true parentage. Charles Pope refuses to elope with Lady Maria with the allegations hanging over him. Sophia's letters and marriage certificate are given to Anne Trenchard by a former maid and friend of Sophia. When hearing about these documents, John Bellasis realises the implications to his inheritance, further compounded when he discovers Sophia's marriage to Lord Bellasis was legally valid.

Episode 6 - Finale

James Trenchard travels to Manchester and discovers the allegations against Charles Pope are false. Susan Trenchard tells John Bellasis she is pregnant but he refuses to marry her as she would be a divorced woman of a tradesman.

Ellis's deceit is uncovered and she implicates Turton and John Bellasis. Susan persuades Oliver to accept the baby as his son and heir as James and Anne are to give them their country estate.

Pope is lured to a night time rendezvous at the river by John Bellasis who intends to regain his inheritance by killing him. James and Oliver Trenchard come to his rescue and Oliver becomes an unlikely hero saving his father and Pope from drowning.

John Bellasis flees to Europe and Charles Pope is acknowledged as Viscount Bellasis. Lady Templemore's objections to her daughter, Lady Maria, marrying Charles Pope are overcome.