Honored Contributor

Hands down, for sure it was a great, informative documentary.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

Very good.  More programming like this, please.

Got a kick out of how Barry said he got the idea for "Jive Talkin'" by the sound the tires make when driving down the  highway !!!

Honored Contributor

Saw this for the 1st time a couple of days ago! It was so good!!!! I loved Disco, and that whole Era....The BeeGees were so good, loved their music and Saturday Night Fever is a fav of mine! I can't believe how nasty people acted about Disco music to the point where they couldn;t even get their songs on the radio-and it wasn't their fault! How awful......

Andy passed away so long ago, I couldn't believe it had been that long.....So sad! And then the other two Maurice and Robin. Whenever I hear one of their songs, I just feel like dancing!!!!! It makes me happy! I would like to see this again, in case I missed anything!

Honored Contributor

This is on HBO again tonight 8pm ET.

It was really good; I'm going to watch it again.

Honored Contributor

I decided to watch it, even though I knew it would be sad.  Barry gutted me like a fish at the end.

But it was interesting to see the different sides of their personalities and get to know them a little better as individuals.

A lot of the commentary from Robin and Maurice were from other documentaries, so it wasn't a lot of new information.

They have a sister, that they never discuss.  I assume she doesn't want to be in the lime light.

Barry also gave an interview recently and they asked why he didn't have the challenges his brothers had and he said it was because his wife Linda wouldn't stand for it.  I don't recall her being in this even though she had a credit at the end.  I was surprised to see Lulu.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I decided to watch it, even though I knew it would be sad.  Barry gutted me like a fish at the end.

But it was interesting to see the different sides of their personalities and get to know them a little better as individuals.

A lot of the commentary from Robin and Maurice were from other documentaries, so it wasn't a lot of new information.

They have a sister, that they never discuss.  I assume she doesn't want to be in the lime light.

Barry also gave an interview recently and they asked why he didn't have the challenges his brothers had and he said it was because his wife Linda wouldn't stand for it.  I don't recall her being in this even though she had a credit at the end.  I was surprised to see Lulu.

@VaBelle35  What Barry said at the end brought me to tears both times I watched this.  I hadn't realized they had written so many songs that others turned into big hits.  They sure wrote a ton of great songs!

Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I was crazy about Andy Gibb.   Tragically no longer here.  RIP

I loved Barry Gibb. So handsome. Unfortunately, he hasn't aged well. He's the only one of the brothers left, sadly.

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

I was crazy about Andy Gibb.   Tragically no longer here.  RIP

I loved Barry Gibb. So handsome. Unfortunately, he hasn't aged well. He's the only one of the brothers left, sadly.

True. He reminds me of David Crosby now!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee  I just checked  schedule here and it is on now! Just started.

I have seen it before but now this is me sitting down, cuppa tea my morning set - I always end up in tears but enjoying my morning now!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Pearlee  I just checked  schedule here and it is on now! Just started.

I have seen it before but now this is me sitting down, cuppa tea my morning set - I always end up in tears but enjoying my morning now!

@dulwich  Enjoy!  As I stated above, what Barry says at the end left me in tears.  You and DH probably know people in the doc!