Super Contributor

Re: Award Shows: Never watch?

On 1/13/2015 LipstickDiva said:

I watch the red carpet events and never the actual awards show. They bore me to tears and I cannot stand listening to the self-important actors and actresses carry on.

So agree!! Drew Carey said it best-"" The awards season is now upon us. Where actors get rewarded for doing their job.""

Honored Contributor

I like that Jackielee. It makes sense. That like the Senate and Congress. People with 'ordinary' jobs (being jobs that do something) actually go about their business too and don't get months off vacation.

Senators and Congressmen aren't much different from actors. Just a different name.

Super Contributor

On 1/13/2015 annabellethecat said:

I like that Jackielee. It makes sense. That like the Senate and Congress. People with 'ordinary' jobs (being jobs that do something) actually go about their business too and don't get months off vacation.

Senators and Congressmen aren't much different from actors. Just a different name.

Oh, but my favorite is always the one where they ask a famous star (a woman) how in the world does she manage to do it all, with a husband(or significant other) , children, a big ?house? How, oh my how? I don't know. Maybe with a nanny or two, a maid or two, maybe a personal chef, or a makeup and haird stylist at your whim? Oh, how does she do it???

Honored Contributor

I agree Jackie, I think that's funny too. I have the front cover of People Magazine. Here's kind of what it says, (Shows picture of Kate and her baby......says, "Kate prepares for 2 under 2".

OK, so not only does she have a nanny, but she'll probably have 2. Add to that her brother, sister and parents are always right there. After she had the baby the nanny and couple lived with her parents.

When my daughter had her first baby she stayed with us for about 2 weeks (some of the most wonderful in my life with her as an adult). Her husband was in the Navy out on maneuvers and she'd had difficulty before.

Most people are like the rest of us, you pop out the kid and move on. If you have more children (and are lucky) your husband will take some time off, but that's it.

O/T Same thing with a face lift. They'd rather pretend like they didn't have one and talk about how good they look. Yes, they do look good, but who wouldn't with a face life.

More power to them. It's the American way (my husband and I did it). But come on, let's be realistic about some of this stuff.

My middle daughter doesn't work, has 3 children in school and has a housekeeper. If you asked me what she does all day long, I couldn't tell you. Ha! She'd say, "But you never worked either, Mom". Right back at me! Ha!

I guess it's all relative. I've just sat here and typed a gripe and an answer, (I think).

I'd better go sit down......... Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

No awards shows here; neither DH nor I find them interesting. Nor do I care how the actresses are dressed.

Super Contributor

I'm glad to see Michael Keaton finally being recognized.

Esteemed Contributor

I like country music so i like all the country music award shows.