Honored Contributor

Someone here has to be watching regularly ......

I'm a bit confused by the Portia de Rossi character ..... just who is she ....... and which political party is she part of ? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ARE YOU WATCHING SCANDAL ??

Don,t really know, but every hates her and it looks like she is after the CHIEF OF STAFF Cyrus JOB. This program goes so fast, even using close caption to read what they are saying is fast.
Regular Contributor

She's a republican and having an affair with the Vice President. Yes? No? I think that's how last night's episode ended -- if so, he (VP) is now sleeping with the First Lady and her. I haven't watched all the episodes this season, as it has too much violence. I did see the episode where the President is beating Jake mercilessly and turned it off before the end of the show.

Trusted Contributor

I'm also confused about who she is/what she is trying to do.

I have another question: Have any of you noticed the beautiful lounging sweater Olivia wears when she is relaxing at home in the evening? Does anyone have an idea who would carry a garment like this? TIA.

Super Contributor

~Serendipity~ and DeltaOne, perhaps I can explain: In the past, former California Lt. Governor Andrew Nichols (IIRC he was LG when Fitz was Gov and then succeeded him when Fitz was elected President), had an affair with Mellie Grant, her retaliation for her husband's long history of infidelity. Additionally, she was trying to overcome being attacked by Fitz's father (Barry Bostwick), and feared for years that Jerry, Jr. was her son by Fitz's father, a product of that assault. Mellie and Andy rekindled their relationship recently despite their better judgment after Nichols became Fitz's VP running mate. (He replaced previous VP Sally Langston, who'd mounted an unsuccessful challenge for the party's presidential nomination). Olivia warned them during the campaign that a major scandal loomed if the affair were discovered and ordered them to keep their hands off one another, especially now that as FLOTUS and VP nominee, they were always in close proximity. (Hyprocritical much, Liv?) Mellie admonished Andy for choosing the vice presidency over her. Mellie, powerless to end Fitz's continuing infatuation with Olivia, Andy's opting for power over her and finally, the murder of her son, pushed her deeper into depression that spawned Smelly Mellie, Fried Chicken Mellie, Drunk Mellie, etc.

Andy, whom I can't remember whether they said was widowed or never married, apparently went looking for an undercover lover; someone who'd fly far below the radar. It's ridiculous if he thought he'd found it in RNC Chair, Elizabeth North (Portia de Rossi). It's obvious that she can clear his road to the Oval Office in four years. She's out for power, specifically tasked to control Fitz, who went rogue from the party line during the SOTU, when he made gun control part of his agenda for his second term. What better vantage point for controlling the President than to become his Chief of Staff? Unfortunately to achieve that objective, she needs to remove current CoS Cyrus Beene by any means necessary, hence the elaborate plot that involved Michael, the male prostitute, who turned out to have more integrity than anyone would've imagined. When Huck hacked Michael's computer and phone, they contained so many of Cy's secrets that Michael never passed on to mastermind Elizabeth.

The Limited features The Scandal Collection, (ScandalFashions The Limited) jointly designed by the show's costumers and Kerry Washington. This is the only officially licensed site. It was introduced in the Spring with Olivia Pope-inspired pieces. The newest additions to the collection include designs similar to the fashions worn by Mellie and Abby, too. There was a feature last night on Access Hollywood: Kerry Washington On 'Scandal' Collection, Rihanna's Fitz ...
what clothing line is kerry washington wearing on tvshow .

There are hundreds of websites featuring wardrobe and accessories from Scandal and where to find identical or similar items. One website is ScandalFashion: Olivia Pope style - Possessionista ... For others, type "Where can I buy fashions from Scandal the TV show?" (or similar phrasing) in the Search Box.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thanks keri!!!

I love Kerry's wardrobe and saw her announcing it on maybe GMA.

Her dad is a real piece of work!!!

Where does he get the power and men to do his dirty deeds?

Super Contributor

Mild-mannered museum curator, oenophile and gourmand, Rowan (a.k.a. Eli; a.k.a. Command), is the head of B613, the super secret U.S. government Black Ops group (think Blackwater). Officially they don't exist, but when there are covert, dirty jobs to be done, both foreign and domestic, these are the highly skilled, uniquely trained warriors - probably mercenaries - that you call to get the job done. Captain Jake Ballard, President Fitzgerald Grant's naval buddy (and coincidentally Olivia's other lover), briefly served as Command when Rowan was deposed the first time. I didn't think for even one second that he'd allowed himself to be ambushed at dinner with his daughter. He's as sly as a fox and despite numerous attempts to capture/kill him, he's as resilliant as a cat with nine lives - if you'll excuse the mixed metaphors. As he sped off in his chauffeured town car, his revenge plot against Fitz, Jake and Olivia was being formulated, if not already in motion.
Esteemed Contributor

I am quite frankly addicted to this show. I am so bummed that after next weeks episode, I will be forced to wait until January to view weekly again.

Honored Contributor

The Limited is carrying a whole collection of clothing called The Scandal Collection-very pretty, and today its on sale for 30% off!

Trusted Contributor

keri and JMFINLEY001: THANKS SO MUCH for your replies. I very much appreciate it!!