Honored Contributor

Sunday Morning on CBS (When? Why Sunday Morning, of Course)!

Does anyone else watch this show on Sunday mornings? Perhaps, you DVR it?

Every Sunday morning (after laying in bed watching other Sunday shows) I saunter into the TV room, hit the DVR and watch my favorite among shows "Sunday Morning".

It's so unlike other shows. It is (some would say, 'a variety show') a show about nothing and everything.

I love it! The topics are so varied there is no way of figuring out what will be shown the next Sunday.

Today it is a show about George W and George (the son), about John Stewart (and the movie he's directing). But it's also as varied as 'a visit to the World Beard and Moustache Championship in Portland, 'game day' for a young girl dying but who lives to play basketball.

That's the beauty of the show. It's about famous people, people who are famous for being famous, places we'd never otherwise know about and (my favorite) things that are and have happened around the world.

I think of shows like this 'the heartbeat' of our country. People who are 'allowed' to be whatever they feel they need to be and places and things that are unimportant to some but 'everything' to others.

If you haven't watched it (or DVR'd it while at church) I hope that you will take a chance and see if there isn't even one topic that peaks your interest.

Valued Contributor

Re: Sunday Morning on CBS (When? Why Sunday Morning, of Course)!

My husband and I watch it EVERY Sunday--absolutely wouldn't miss it! I always learn something. Several weeks ago, the did a whole show from Santa Fe (where it live)--that was really fun. That piece today about the young lady basketball player, as well as the opposing team, brought tears to my eyes. Lovely young women.

Super Contributor

Just in case you miss it and don't have dvr, they replay it later in the day on the Smithsonian Channel.

tkins

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that. I recommend it, it's a good show.

Frequent Contributor

I have watched this show for over 20 years. It is always great. It is even better than 60 Minutes.
Honored Contributor

It has a 'feel good' attitude. I feel like it brings up what's good in life. Something we all need to be reminded of now and then.

Esteemed Contributor

I've watched this show for years. Always present interesting and diverse themes. I love the last five minutes of the show when a "piece of nature" is shown - usually beautiful, fascinating scenes of animals or plants or scenery. I think all scenes are taken within the US!!

Honored Contributor

corita, I always look forward to that also. Sometimes I'll have stepped out of the room with the TV on and hear the sounds of nature and it immediately draws me back into the room. Such wonderful sounds....some we take for granted, unfortunately.

Honored Contributor

My husband watches it sometimes, but to be very honest I think it is the most pointless show on tv. I dislike it for the same reason I dislike New Age music--it seems to meander around without any clear start, middle or ending. Does that make me sound like a "Type-A" as we used to say?{#emotions_dlg.huh}

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy it when I can catch it. Sunday Morning has interesting and upbeat stories that we don't get enough of these days.