Honored Contributor

Re: A movie you have never seen that most people have seen

@SharkE wrote:

He's still a great dancer.   I got a 'thing' for Italian men. ROFL

@SharkE  He is a great dancer, I agree. I could watch him dance forever. He’s also had a fantastic career.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

I am NOT a horror/gory/slice n dice movie fan so I have NOT seen:

The Jason and Halloween movie series

Stephen King movies

Silence Of The Lambs

Texas Chain Saw Massacre

Zombie movies

Dont like violent movies, never watched:

The Godfather series

Hunger Games

Game Of Thrones

Shawshank Redemption

Saving Private Ryan

Schindler's List

Never had the desire to see--

Harry Potter

@Spurt 

My guess is that one part of the problem is how these movies are advertised, and who their target market is.  

I always thought Harry Potter was a children's series, so why would I care if they made movies about these characters?  

I distinctly recall someone saying what they heard about the new movie Avatar was that it had blue people in it, and was mostly a cartoon.   Why would any adult have an interest ... unless they needed to find something to take their grandkids to?  

@Tinkrbl44 

JMHO ----Potter and Avatar fall under the "fantasy" genre and a lot of people are into that, and many adults got "into" Harry Potter too.....And I think the people in Avatar were blue to distinquish themselves as a different race, (surprisingly they may be  blue but seem to  have the same problems as us earthlings) 🤔 but the blue skin adds an alien and foreign element in order to add to the story and make it more scifi rather than a cartoon.....For me the only fantasy series that has ever peaked my interest was back in the day the LORD OF THE RINGS series and that was THE BOOKS not the movies....To each their own taste I guess...

JMHO but I think you make a good point, Gollywood has lost its creativity and imagination with much of the adult stuff thats out there--it seems its either action movies, comic book characters, or dull and uninteresting dramas, or the same ole tired plots!!! JMHO  For example, the Gucci movie with Lady Gaga was so boring, people started moving their leather recliners to make "farting" noises to add some laughter and fun to the dull dialogue (I was NOT a participant in this childishness, but this movie did drag and indeed I was bored) But I bet a lot of academy award nominations will be made for the movie....Even though I am certainly not from that era I prefer the movies of the 30's/40's....great story lines, good acting, creative, imaginative, some are heartwarming and fun.....and the dramas have an interesting take... It's been a long time since any current movie "dazzled" me......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

The Godfather movies ... I've tried several times, but lose interest around 30 minutes in on each of them.

The Harry Potter movies ... no interest.

None of the Star Wars after the original three ... I've tried, but quickly lose interest.

None of the Lord of the Rings/Hobbitt movies after the original three. I never read any of the books and wasn't a fan ... but I ended up watching the first three and really enjoyed them. Haven't had any desire to watch any of the ones after those three.

99% of the "Rom Com"/Lifetime/Hallmark movies ... just not my kind of movies.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I have never had a desire to see Shawshank, but it is always shown on one channel or another, at least once a week, I see it all the time when channel surfing. 

@Shelbelle   This is a great movie, give it a chance. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Dirty Dancing, never had the desire as I didn't care for Patrick.  I later saw ghost, and liked him in that.

Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

I have never seen any Star War movie, the Matrix, Hunger Games, none of the Avenger movies, etc.

@lgfan   I wouldn't have thpught I would like Hunger Games, but somehow I locked onto it last year, liked it, then bought the three movie series,

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I've never seen:

Casablanca

Love Actually

Back to the Future

Pirates of the Caribbean movies

@Caaareful Shopper   I came upon Avatar one day last year and became mesmerized, so bought the DVD.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

ET

all of the friday the 13th and halloween movies

Saving Private Ryan

i am sure there are more, including a few already mentioned.

@sunshine45   ET is wonderful!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

I am NOT a horror/gory/slice n dice movie fan so I have NOT seen:

The Jason and Halloween movie series

Stephen King movies

Silence Of The Lambs

Texas Chain Saw Massacre

Zombie movies

Dont like violent movies, never watched:

The Godfather series

Hunger Games

Game Of Thrones

Shawshank Redemption

Saving Private Ryan

Schindler's List

Never had the desire to see--

Harry Potter

@Spurt 

My guess is that one part of the problem is how these movies are advertised, and who their target market is.  

I always thought Harry Potter was a children's series, so why would I care if they made movies about these characters?  

I distinctly recall someone saying what they heard about the new movie Avatar was that it had blue people in it, and was mostly a cartoon.   Why would any adult have an interest ... unless they needed to find something to take their grandkids to?  

@Tinkrbl44   Avatar is not a cartoon in any way, great movie.