Honored Contributor

09/08/2021 Big Brother 23 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

And a new day dawns in the old BB 23 house. They were on an early lockdown yesterday so the house thinks this is a double eviction. They're right! For once. They've been expecting a double eviction since about week two, so at some point, they were bound to get it right. 

The early chatter yesterday was about votes and it looks like the votes will be 3-2 to evict Claire with Hannah and Azah voting to keep Claire. Xavier wants the vote to be 4-1 so it's not as close. A 3-2 vote means that just Alyssa, Kyland, or Derek would need to go rogue and Claire would be safe and Xavier would be heading out the door. Now that would be funny. I'm pretty sure final vote organizing will take place to ensure it doesn't happen, but it would be funny. 

Alyssa has been guided by Hannah quite masterfully the last few days to make Alyssa feel like it was Alyssa's idea to have Tiffany put Claire up and let Alyssa feel like she's guiding the house, even though she has no idea where the house is, or where it's going. Hannah's quite the clever player. Alyssa now feels like she's Mrs. Dan Gheesling and running the show when she's just waiting in line to be booted. Oh, and Alyssa got her video phone call yesterday (finally) and it was with her older sister, two nephews, and her dog. Apparently, no game information was exchanged. (To be fair, her sister could have been wearing a t-shirt with the Cookout alliance on it with the faces of the other houseguests all crossed off and a bullseye drawn on Alyssa's face and Alyssa probably wouldn't have realized what it meant.)

Claire made her rounds campaigning for votes by talking with houseguests about how votes for the final two would likely play out and kind of got Kyland's attention with her summary of where she thinks the votes lie. (He could end up being the third vote to evict Xavier if the vote count stays 3-2 if he's convinced he can't beat Xavier in the final two. Unlikely, but who knows?)

And speaking of Kyland and Tiffany the Tifland, Kyfany, whatever showmance, fumblemance, handmance, whatever it is their doing under the coversmance, is still on. I don't really sense a spark there and I suspect one or both are playing the other for some level of safety, but whatever they're doing, they're still doing.

We have a show tonight! On tonight's show, we'll see Zingbot come in and apparently be off target with his/her/its zings. We'll see the POV comp get played. We'll see Alyssa win it. We'll see the very emotional scene where Tiffany told lots of lies/half-truths to Claire as she told her she was putting her up in Alyssa's place. And then we'll see Claire take Alyssa's place before tomorrow night's double eviction. It's a very emotional scene and might win Claire the AFP prize at the end. It'll get her closer to the prize anyway. The casual viewers will be very caught up in the emotions.

Then on to tomorrow night where Claire will likely head to the jury followed by either Tiffany or Alyssa in the double. Tiffany may need to win the POV to stay tomorrow night. Somehow Tiffany and Hannah think Derek is the glue holding Kyland and Xavier together, so they've moved Derek up in their boot order. to the top spot when they reach six. Eh, okay. I'd keep the big lump around as he's unlikely to win anything and get rid of whichever of Kyland/Xavier you trusted the least, but whatever. Getting rid of Derek's vote isn't the worst idea, but I'd be more inclined to take out a real threat at this stage.

So, a show tonight, a double on Thursday, then another double next week, and then we put a bow on this season and dump it in the dumpster of past seasons on the 29th. It's not one I'll rewatch going forward.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 09/08/2021 Big Brother 23 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Gman, does production do anything to prepare the houseguests for what they will see on social media once they are returned to real life?  I imagine some of them will have a real problem facing reality versus their perception of how they are viewed.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

I'm extremely glad Julie and all the other bb geniuses haven't yet placed cameras under the covers. Kyland and Tiffany wow what a barf fest that is.   

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

Gman, does production do anything to prepare the houseguests for what they will see on social media once they are returned to real life?  I imagine some of them will have a real problem facing reality versus their perception of how they are viewed.

Oh yeah. They have counseling available, either remotely or local, paid for by BB for a full year after leaving the house. It's an issue for many houseguests when they get returned to the real world and BB does try to help them adjust. They'll even help them out midseason if things are going badly and try to steer them onto a safer path. Help is always just a phone call away if a former houseguest feels overwhelmed and many do.

Frenchie dove back into social media upon getting released but has now gone quiet for a bit. Whitney tippytoes online from time to time. Christian has been pretty active online. I haven't seen much from Travis or Brent. (Smart on the part of Brent.) 

The good news for the houseguests is the world moves on pretty quickly. A week or two after the end of the season they can go back to a more or less normal online presence. Some will have an easier time than others. They'll find new fans and new enemies, but it's not all that different than anyone sees on social media. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Regular Contributor

Do you think Tiff is fooling around with Ky just to make SB mad?

Honored Contributor

@kjw wrote:

Do you think Tiff is fooling around with Ky just to make SB mad?

I think they're both just trying to gain an advantage of some sort by bonding in a different way. I doubt she's even a thinking about SB now. I doubt that he's thinking about SB. My best guess is each of them are just hoping the other one will have less of a reason to nominate them by doing whatever they're doing.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Once Claire is out, I'm out. I didn't sign up for a social justice season. If BB wanted a black winner why didn't they just cast all black? At least that way the players could show off their skills. Oh I know then it would of been the men are targeting the women complaint. The whiners will never be happy anyway. My favorite player was DX and I hope he is cast in an All Star season so it wasn't a total bust.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

Davonne tweeted, now that a black person has won BB I am done with the show and will never watch again (paraphrasing). 

Regular Contributor

I have no respect for Tiffany now. Turning on her best friend, sleeping with the enemy just to further her own game. It's disgusting. She'll do anything to win. She sold her soul for some money. 

I don't know who I want to win. Maybe Alyssa.  Zingbot is right...she's pretty dim. and doesn't have clue.  Frankly I don't care at this point. It's going to be over soon.

Esteemed Contributor

Tiffany is still my #2 player--#1 if we're counting who's still in the house as my trio has always been DX, Tiffany, and Claire. And as far as which of the three is an excellent strategist Tiff beats everyone in the house by a mile. 

I have to laugh at some of the different comments here. On one hand we have the comment "Why are they all so nice? What do they think this is--summer camp?" And then we have the comments of "Oh, Hannah was so mean to DX" and "Tiff turned on her best friend." Uh, no...what Tiff did was stay true to the alliance she made day one which is the CO. Contrary to the skepticism that she would get greedy and turn on them--she never did. As much as I love Claire (and not as a player because she stinks as a player, lol) if Tiff had turned her back on the alliance that's when I would have lost respect for her. Keeping Claire to the end was never the plan.

The reason Tiffany is in the predicament she is in now where she may follow Claire out the door is because she gambled and lost. The gamble was trying to get Claire to F7 so, if anything, Tiff did the best she could for Claire under the circumstances. 

It's so odd to me that people watch a game that's known beyond the shadow of a doubt to be filled with deception, lies, and backstabbing and then when they see it happen they're bothered by it. Every single week there's a commercial during the show that says "Where do I find the live feeds? Oh there they are. Now, let the backstabbing begin." 

Surely that should be a clue. Smiley Wink