Respected Contributor

YELLOWSTONE Season 4 Premieres on November 7th

So who died in that epic season 3 finale of Yellowstone? Well, we're about to find out, as Paramount Network has announced the premiere of the fourth season of its addictive Taylor Sheridan drama on Nov. 7.

The last time we saw the Dutton family was during the Aug. 23, 2020 finale, dubbed "The World Is Purple," in which three of the family members were left in extreme peril. John (Kevin Costner) and his son Kayce (Luke Grimes) had been shot, and a bomb had gone off in Beth's (Kelly Reilly) office. Naturally, we don't want anyone to die, but gunshots and explosions aren't exactly pleasant to endure.

The fourth season will feature three new characters played by Piper Perabo, Jacki Weaver, and Kathryn Kelly. Will Patton will also be back as Jamie's (Wes Bentley) birth father. Which shouldn't end well.

Paramount's streaming service, Paramount+, hopes the enthusiasm for Yellowstone will help launch two other shows from Sheridan: Mayor of Kingstown, which bows Nov. 14, and a Yellowstone prequel called 1883, which premieres Dec. 19.

Mayor of Kingstown will focus on the McLusky Family, who are described as power brokers in Kingston, Mich., "where the business of incarceration is the only thriving industry." The series stars Jeremy Renner and Dianne Wiest.

1883 features Sam Elliott, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill and will focus on the Dutton Family in 18th century Montana. More cast members are set to be announced later.

"Our strategy is to make Yellowstone, the massive No. 1 hit with more than 10 million fans, into a global hit franchise under the incredible creative vision of Taylor Sheridan's world-building storytelling," reads a statement from Chris McCarthy, president and CEO of MTV Entertainment, which produces the series for Paramount. "These new series will debut on Paramount+ and have special premiere-day sneak episodes behind Yellowstone, introducing this huge audience to these new stories, allowing us to leverage our linear platforms to fuel the growth of Paramount+, which will stream each series exclusively after episode 2."

Trusted Contributor

Re: YELLOWSTONE Season 4 Premieres on November 7th

Thank you @lmt , I just marked my calendar so I don't miss it.

Esteemed Contributor

I love this show! Thanks for the info @lmt  I can't wait. 

Honored Contributor

I am looking so forward to this!!!!

Honored Contributor

I like Yellowstone and am also looking forward to the new season.

The idea of a prequel with Sam Elliot sounds great.  But I wouldn't watch Tim McGraw and Faith Hill if somebody paid me.  So I won't be purchasing Paramount +.

Respected Contributor

Finally, can’t wait for the return of Yellowstone. 

Esteemed Contributor

@lmt Thanks for posting!  I love that show and November 7th is my birthday, Happy Birthday to me!!  LOL Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

My husband loves this show, I haven't watched it yet, so I'm not reading posts.  Justy saying he really likes it.

Honored Contributor

@lmt 

Also, the new season premier on 11/7 will be TWO episodes, back to back, from what I've read on the 'Yellowstone' website.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Finally. I watched all the shows again when they had them on so I could remember what all happened. I remember most of it except part 1 for some reason.