Honored Contributor

Re: prerecorded shows on QVC proper

[ Edited ]

Someone in a thread about this in Community Chat said Dan Hughes commented about them going prerecorded from 3-6am and that he made it sound like a permanent change. 

There have been comments on Q's FB page about the prerecorded shows but it hasn't been addressed.

Esteemed Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:
Is this permanent? I noticed last night as well. If it saves money and that savings is passed on to the consumers that would be great.

---------------------------------------

Not likely - I would not hold my breath!!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: prerecorded shows on QVC properded

Same thing with Lock & Lock. I just looked at "items recently on air". Exact same items in both, so I figured it was pre-recorded. QVC must be hurting & this is maybe a way to cut back on hosts/equipment use/ & other ways. 

This makes me so sad. I am an early riser and loved the live interactions!!! Why are they doing this? The Early hosts are fantastic!!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

O/T:  Didn't Amy mention that Host Mary DeAngelo (?) will have her own show on QVC Plus.............(?).    I believe a cooking show, but I'm not quite sure about that.  Well, Amy mentioned something about Mary toward the end of her recent/latest live show on QVC Plus.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

There's probably a time overlap when just about everyone is sleeping.  'All in all', I think it's a good long-term idea.  Every company has a budget, and this probably is the best way to keep within their 'budget', so to speak.  I'd rather have the pre-recorded function during some hours, rather than escalating higher prices, and other more dramatic changes.  Balance is the key. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.  Amy has been doing a great job over on Plus (for a couple of days so far).  Like the idea of watching Fashions on Plus, rather than gardening/food/whatever else going on at the same time on regular Q.

Regular Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Someone in a thread about this in Community Chat said Dan Hughes commented about them going prerecorded from 3-6am and that he made it sound like a permanent change. 

There have been comments on Q's FB page about the prerecorded shows but it hasn't been addressed.

Well, that's 12 AM to 3 AM here on the West Coast, 11 PM to 2 AM in Alaska, and 10 PM to 1 AM in Hawaii. I live in California and seeing re-runs of QVC shows on their MAIN channel is definitely disconcerting. They must be hurting horribly to have stopped broadcasting live shows on their main channel after having done so for eons. 

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

O/T:  Didn't Amy mention that Host Mary DeAngelo (?) will have her own show on QVC Plus.............(?).    I believe a cooking show, but I'm not quite sure about that.  Well, Amy mentioned something about Mary toward the end of her recent/latest live show on QVC Plus.

Yes.  Mary DeAngelis will have a cooking show every Saturday, live on Q+.

Occasional Visitor

Re: prerecorded shows on QVC properded

Hi. Sorry but prerecording is such a horrible idea and I hope they end this. It cheapens the shows and is a big turnoff.  I'm sure qvc will lose customers over this.